Whats wrong with West One?

thanks everyone for you coments but know i just feel in a panic

dont worry. I do think you'll sell for the price you want - it may just take a little longer as there's less demand for flats than there are houses.

thanks everyone for you coments but know i just feel in a panic

Don't panic! Get active and get the flat sold. Easy for me to say I know.

Don't be the bunny that's caught in the headlights and is dazzled and sits there waiting for the crash.

if there was a crash though - people could be left going bankrupt which certainly would not be good for the economy.

The problem is that inflation is high. To slow down the rate of inflation, people need to stop spending money basically.

Taking out credit cards and spending money you haven't go just adds to inflation.

Supermarkets selling food at really low prices (with no respect for animal welfare) adds to the problem.

I think some sort of law needs to be brought in to prevent people taking out an unlimited number of credit cards.

sorry going a bit off topic here, but to sum up - there will never be a housing crash like in the 80's because it would do more harm to the economy than it would good. The only way to stop house prices increasing in to slow down inflation. simple.......:huh:

You make it sound like a housing crash is something the government can somehow create or avoid.

Whilst they do have some influence, they can't just wave a magic wand and stop a price correction taking place.

If it drives some people into insolvency and creates negative equity then that's just what happens.

The still rising interest rates are going to bite soon, and quite hard I think. The figures of people unable to afford their mortgage are already rising.

I can't see crash but I can't believe anyone would pay £125k for a 1bed flat in town. I am not saying it is overpriced compared to others for sale as I don't know, but my personal opinion is that it's nuts, even with a parking space!

i think these city centre pads are a phase .

here today gone tommorow.

im glad ive not got my money in one.

There seems to be a demand for the apartments, especially with students and buy to let investors and because of the location of certain developments ie near to the universities.

I know I wouldn't be able to afford them. Most of them are over £100,000.

Don't worry about it - its just a matter of time. Flats elsewhere in the city are selling well and the resale value on the ones I live in seem to be good.

I agree they are relatively expensive compared to some of the houses around, but if you're in the market for a flat then you wont be tempted by a house.

You've just got to wait for the right buyer - and one will turn up.

Don't worry about it - its just a matter of time. Flats elsewhere in the city are selling well and the resale value on the ones I live in seem to be good.

I agree they are relatively expensive compared to some of the houses around, but if you're in the market for a flat then you wont be tempted by a house.

You've just got to wait for the right buyer - and one will turn up.

Well said littleblue- whenever I mention to someone between the ages of 18-30 that I live in West one people always wish they were in my position. Westone remains a brilliant development in an ideal location for anyone who works in the city and wants to go out at night in the city - there are no developments other than perhaps Royal Plaza that challenge Westone in terms of location, value for money, quality of build/fittings, design and general enviability despite what people might say!

City centre flats, im afraid to say are a phase. Give them a few years and they will be giving them away. Why would anyone want to spend 125k on a one bed flat with no parking, when that sort of money will buy a nice two bed house with parking, front and rear gardens and a garage.

Before you ask i know it does, i have just bought mine for 85k!

City centre flats, im afraid to say are a phase. Give them a few years and they will be giving them away. Why would anyone want to spend 125k on a one bed flat with no parking, when that sort of money will buy a nice two bed house with parking, front and rear gardens and a garage.

'nice' is just your opinion. I havent seen anything nice in the property guide over the last 5 years for 85k.

Well we'll have to wait and see about that won't we - 85k for a house- doubt it'd be one i'd want to live in.

Well we'll have to wait and see about that won't we - 85k for a house- doubt it'd be one i'd want to live in.

Thats a bit harsh

85k will get you something ok, better owning your own place than paying upto £700 a month to rent a flat!! Or is that just me??