Moore and Wright

My dad Alan Littler & his sister Joan worked at M & W Dronfield during WW2, he thinks they tookover a printers factory in Green Lane, can anyone help me on this as I am to find the location. Alan Littler Coffs Harbour NSW Australia

I used to work with Jim Hussey in 1967/8 at W.ATyzacks. I believe he went to work at M&W and becames export sales manager. I wonder what happened to him.

Anyone remember Sandra Yeardley in early 70's in warehouse

To the best of my knowledge Jim Hussey has been living in Ontario, Canada for the last 25 years or so.

He joined the James Neill export department when they took over M & W. For a short while he went on to head up the Neill operation in North America but has not been associated with Neill for quite a long time.

Yerman - thanks for the info. I now vaguely remember him going to James Neill but havent seen him since I left Tyzack,s in 68. He was just an export sales clerk then but was always ambitious. Thanks again.

Yerman - thanks for the info. I now vaguely remember him going to James Neill but havent seen him since I left Tyzack,s in 68. He was just an export sales clerk then but was always ambitious. Thanks again.

I knew Jim at Neil's / M&W in the early 70's. I knew he went to Canada but I thought it was on the West Coast but obviously not

my mum worked there and got her gold watch

When did she get her watch ?

Stand by gang, I have found some old photo's of the M&W staff in the 60's / 70's Should be able to get em on here next week.

My mum Pauline Bennett worked at moore and wrights on the micrometers along with Pete Hallam, micrometers section moved down to a road off city road think it was fitzwalter road. one of her friends she kept in touch with from moore & wrights sadly now passed Nelly Fairfax, one other was Jean who lived in beighton but can't remember her surname for the life of me who sadly has also passed

Stand by gang, I have found some old photo's of the M&W staff in the 60's / 70's Should be able to get em on here next week.

Have I missed the pictures? Does anybody remember the works seaside outings in the 1960,s when my mates used to go and have singsongs all the way?

Once went for a job at M and W and was told I could start as long as I could work with mike and vernier.

I say's "dont worry mate, I'll work with anybody".......... :D

:hihi: bum bum :hihi: