Moore and Wright

hi nanrobbo and drinkingman, do you remember my dad Bert Winnell, he was at Moore and Wrights for many years. he sadly passed away 16 years ago now.

Have a look at this photo Lennonman. http://jenniology.blogspot.com

hey drinkingman, thanks a million for the pic, yes that's me dad and ive never seen that photo before! Ive saved it if thats ok will be great to show everyone. Thanks again mate.

Glad to be of service lennonman.

Bert was a nice bloke, well liked by everybody!

The photo was taken in the upstairs 'canteen' at Handsworth approx 1980-81 (my memory's pretty vague).

Worked at Moore & Wright 1976-1994, does anyone know if that's Tom Burton to the left of Bert.

Worked at Moore & Wright 1976-1994, does anyone know if that's Tom Burton to the left of Bert.

Yes it is. Tom and I were in the same pub quiz team for a few years.

Hi, does anyone recognise my Nan? She worked at Moore & Wrights for about 25 years until appx 1984. She still receives a hamper from them every year and still lives in Handsworth.

Forgot to put her name!!! Joan Lindley - she is now 83 years old

She's not in the photo, but would have gone to loads of the Christmas parties before her retirement so someone may have a photo. Unfortunately, think my Nan was born in her 40s as that is the earliest photo I've seen of her :o(((

I don't remember a Dot Dickinson at Moore & Wright, but I do remember a Dot Dickinson who worked further up Handsworth Road at Qualcut. She got her hair stuck in a machine I believe. She lived a couple of doors away from me at Woodhouse.

Sorry been away for Christmas-- Re Dot, can't be the same one, mine definately worked at M & W and lived at Handsworth. She often mentioned an Albert Fagin as one of her workmates.

It might interest anyone who worked at Moore and Wrights that i visited the Science Museum in London last week and on display in the 'Britain through the ages' section was a Moore and Wrights Micrometer and original box. Got a swell of pride when i saw it! My dad could have made that! Shows that the company made an impact on the world.

Who is your dad, and how long did he work there.