Moore and Wright

I realise a lot of these are old posts (this is my first ever post on here) i found this subject very interesting. Mainly because my grandma worked at moore and wrights. Her name is Irene Turner, (now sadly deceased) messaged my mum earlier about dates she was there no reply. Anyway i know she was there early 80s as i went to a xmas do around that time!

Ill try figure out how. Who was your mother? what department did she work in

---------- Post added 06-08-2014 at 11:52 ----------

Test

Handsworth factory around 1957/58

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e335/USUK10/M%20and%20W/Building_zps675f5caa.jpg

These pictures come up as malicious site. I sold an Excelsior 197cc motorbike to somebody at M & W in about 1967.Does anybody remember buying it?

These pictures come up as malicious site. I sold an Excelsior 197cc motorbike to somebody at M & W in about 1967.Does anybody remember buying it?

Biker. I just clicked it and it opens right up. What was your Mothers name? I probably knew her

USUK was the question about mums name directed at me? If so it is irene turner she was my grandma though. My mums mum :)

---------- Post added 29-08-2014 at 23:15 ----------

Aah just noticed your earlier post !!! :)

---------- Post added 29-08-2014 at 23:58 ----------

Out of interest if there is anyone who knew my grandma (irene turner) from moore and wrights, be good to hear from you, bet she was a real tough cookie lol. She worked there in a secreterial role in the 1970s. She lived on handsworth crescent until moving to clifton avenue in 1982.

USUK was the question about mums name directed at me? If so it is irene turner she was my grandma though. My mums mum :)

---------- Post added 29-08-2014 at 23:15 ----------

Aah just noticed your earlier post !!! :)

---------- Post added 29-08-2014 at 23:58 ----------

Out of interest if there is anyone who knew my grandma (irene turner) from moore and wrights, be good to hear from you, bet she was a real tough cookie lol. She worked there in a secreterial role in the 1970s. She lived on handsworth crescent until moving to clifton avenue in 1982.

Just a little after my time

i worked at M&W from 1962/jan2nd in the fitting shop,apprentice.Mr. Drake and Mr.Chapel were the formen(eric&ken)the xmas parties were held at the cutlers hall.dances were held in the canteen at handsworth.snooker was played upstairs in the office block.

---------- Post added 24-09-2014 at 20:03 ----------

the machines used to manufacture the components were very old fashioned in a modern building.3nought millers operated by mainly ladies.brown&sharp auto millers,mainly men,with Barbara Cruise checking quality.Snow roughers,snow grinders,Malcolm Tunstill operated on these.Linisher and polishing machines,ets,etc.all told about 600 worked there then.Tommy Fiander was forman electrician.

I have about 4 Micrometers from Moore and Wright - Ones dated 1942 and is still working to this day!

Ian Cawthawne(bozzy)apprentice leccy,his dad was a barber,in handsworth i think.

i worked at M&W from 1962/jan2nd in the fitting shop,apprentice.Mr. Drake and Mr.Chapel were the formen(eric&ken)the xmas parties were held at the cutlers hall.dances were held in the canteen at handsworth.snooker was played upstairs in the office block.

---------- Post added 24-09-2014 at 20:03 ----------

the machines used to manufacture the components were very old fashioned in a modern building.3nought millers operated by mainly ladies.brown&sharp auto millers,mainly men,with Barbara Cruise checking quality.Snow roughers,snow grinders,Malcolm Tunstill operated on these.Linisher and polishing machines,ets,etc.all told about 600 worked there then.Tommy Fiander was forman electrician.

I Don't remember Sally in the fitters shop ?

I Don't remember Sally in the fitters shop ?

if you dont know sallyclark your not a Sheffelder.

if you dont know sallyclark your not a Sheffelder.

Hmm !!!!!!

Hmm !!!!!!

So do you remember Geoff xx, Fitter, John Egginton, Terry Pinder, electricians,