Moore and Wright

Have I missed the pictures? Does anybody remember the works seaside outings in the 1960,s when my mates used to go and have singsongs all the way?

No you didn't miss them. Scanner bummed out. Should have them later this week.

Have I missed the pictures? Does anybody remember the works seaside outings in the 1960,s when my mates used to go and have singsongs all the way?

No you didn't miss them. Scanner bummed out. Should have them later this week.

Oops....................

I am restoring a Moore & Wright tool chest

Does anyone have or know where i can get a gold and black logo decal sticker that goes on the front of the chest ? thanks.

Hi Nanrobbo,

I remember your friend Dot (Dorothy ) Dickinson very well, she lived on Sheaf Gardens, she used to be my wife we had a daughter Lisa, alas we broke up, I would like to meet them again, I have tried to make internert contact, but I now live abroad

hiya i remember their factory in the 1940s it was down i think trafalgar, or one of the streets leading to button lane the factory was close to button lane.the only one i knew was a jack may who worked there.

I worked for James Neil when they bought Moore and Wrights. I was a maintenance fitter and had to go there to help out in the maitenance. Lived on Richmond Road at the time so was very convenient.

if anyone can remember! i got an electric shock off one of the machines i was repairing. my mistake, forgot to turn the isolator off when i opened it up. stupid buggar i was.

Hi everyone. I was a rep. for Kent Panda, a division of Izal at Thornbridge, Chapeltown. In 1975 I sold a 'Pandamatic', which was a large floor maintenance machine, to the Director at Handsworth having demonstrated it on the shop floor with my colleague some weeks before. I particularly remember this as the people were all very friendly and courteous, and it was the last machine I sold before leaving Kent Panda. Does anyone remember this machine? Wonder if it's still working somewhere:)

Hi everyone. I was a rep. for Kent Panda, a division of Izal at Thornbridge, Chapeltown. In 1975 I sold a 'Pandamatic', which was a large floor maintenance machine, to the Director at Handsworth having demonstrated it on the shop floor with my colleague some weeks before. I particularly remember this as the people were all very friendly and courteous, and it was the last machine I sold before leaving Kent Panda. Does anyone remember this machine? Wonder if it's still working somewhere:)

hiya i remember moore and wrights when the factory was on i think traffalgar st and just at the side of buton lane this was prior to the handsworth site,

i remember the first time i used a micrometre i was to measure one of the hairs of my head i remember it was 5 thousandths of an inch.

Are any M&W old timers still watching this ?? I have some photo's from the 50's & 60's that may be of interest

Are any M&W old timers still watching this ?? I have some photo's from the 50's & 60's that may be of interest

Can you post the pics please?My mother worked there from the Trafalgar street days to 1970 when she retired

Ill try figure out how. Who was your mother? what department did she work in

---------- Post added 06-08-2014 at 11:52 ----------

Test

Handsworth factory around 1957/58

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e335/USUK10/M%20and%20W/Building_zps675f5caa.jpg

Edited by USUK