Moore and Wright

Who is your dad, and how long did he work there.

Hi Fuzzle, saw your reply earlier in this thread, my dad was Bert Winnell and he was there through the sixties till he retired in the mid eighties.

I Used to go to the Christmas parties when they were in the old factory downtown

Moore & wrights had a factory in Dronfield after WWII, both my in-laws worked there.

I use my late Fathers Moore & Wright micrometre whenever I'm checking the string guage on my guitars ans basses.

ayavsl.jpg

my dad worked at Moore and Wrights for a long time and my sister and I used to go to the Christmas parties we also went to help with the dances run by the social club my dad helped to organise them and me and my sister used to sell the raffle tickets. My dad was called Doug Winter if anyone remembers him

Didn't everyone work at Moore and Wright at one point in their life? It certainly used to seem that way.

If Drinkingman is around can he post the pic of my dad and some of the staff in the canteen from around 1980. It was a brilliant pic but my laptop crashed and i lost all my pics! I know John Peace has asked about it, but it wasnt my original John it was Drinkingman's!! good to hear from you though.

I'm pretty sure I have a photo of the management group and a group of gold watch recipients at the Cutlers Hall in 1959

I'll try find them and get them on here.

I remember working at Moore and Wrights after I left school in 1956 when they were at Four Lane Ends at Norton. They were like nissen huts that we had for offices. I worked in the accounts office which a Mr Wright was the accountant, but we were not allowed to talk to each other but the other girl I worked with Margaret Rotherham and myself used to be always giggling with each other and we used to get into trouble for it. It would nice if Margaret got in touch after all these years: :roll:

Does anyone remember the movie they made at M&W sometime in the early 60's ?