Your perception of old

The worst thing is how people out in the world judge you and expect conventions of you based on your age, when in reality the course of your life and heart has gone somewhere else completely.

And meeting Ruby has banished any fear that being a *pensioner* means being frumpy or jaded. She rocks. :headbang:

Hugs from someone who can empathise with the 'Why aren't you married with two kids? aspect of this post. Watch Sex and the city season 3 prog 1 and they are talking about the exact same thing... Reaching the next age box... something like Do you only have one soulmate and are those of us that haven't found them, by the time you are 35, weird? I hate harping on about my long term ex but I had a good relationship for 13 years so i can't be that dreadful can I? It's different if you've been married and/or have children for some reason like they are a walking testament to your normality. But if you haven't, people seem to think there must be a tremendous reason why you are single in your mid thirties.

im 36 but i choose to say im 20/16 it sounds better if im asked how old i am, my kids tell me im old all the time, my reply is but i can do all the things you cant yet, and when they get to that age, il say so what,:hihi:

I'm 42 and proud of it! :D

I've had a great life so far and it's getting better all the time. :D

Ruby, I DO have two heads, I'm just well practiced at concealing the spare one. I'm actually naturally very flat chested. :hihi:

I'm 33 but looked like 21 :hihi: (maybe a bit scary :gag:). I dont feel old but when I am in young age group, they usually make me feel like a "middle-aged old single woman". So I always avoid telling my age because their responses usually make me embarrassed. I hate that feeling :rant:

just a thing my daughter said the other day that made me laugh, she told me it was her teachers birthday, so i asked her "how old is she?", my little one replied, i dont know, about nanans age, so i asked "whats that?" she replied, nearly dead :hihi: just thought i would share that with you all

I can remember asking my mum what is was like being old and she said she felt exactly the same in her head as she had always done but that sometimes her body let her down. Worrying thing is I now know exactly what she meant.

I`m 69, daft as a brush & loving life & think s*d em all ,i`ll do what I want too.

My sentiments entirely. When I hit 60 I thought I'd better liven up, enjoy myself and make every day count. My aim is to get my OAP in November and keep picking it up for as long as I can. Chester races last week. A week in Beer next week. Saw Marty Wilde at Llandudno last week. Great show.

I realise I'm lucky cos on the serious side I have 3 friends 56-63 ish; one's had a bad stroke, one has MS, the other recovering from meningitis. Not everyone gets a chance to 'go out rocking' as it were. My sympathy goes to anyone reading this who can't get about as much as they'd like to.

I am 52 but still get invited out with my 25 year old son and his mates. We share a lot of interests - music, sport, travel etc.

They say the world is getting smaller. Well it is in terms of the differences betwen the ages. There is much more commonality and sharing of interests.

I think its great. Keeps me young and on top of things and enables me to go out without feeling like an old codger.

The only thing that I find that makes me feel old is when I see the freedom that "young " people have in the dress sense.Some things just don't look right on peole of a certain age.