What Sunday paper do you read?

I happened across a copy of the Independent on Sunday in a pub today and was quite impressed. I know it's not a "cool" paper, but I thought the layout was excellent and they had some very interesting columns - far more original than the Times for example.

What paper, if any, do you read on a Sunday? And why?

Originally posted by Lickszz

Business news and Politics I think it beats Independant on both counts.

Yes I would agree with that. I should have mentioned that I was only reading the main section of the paper and didn't have chance to read the rest (drank my beer too fast!).

I read The Observer. It's a truly independant newspaper as opposed to The Times which gets its editorial content from the desk of Rupert Murdoch.

Why do I read it?

It has a sport pullout which you can throw away without demolishing the main paper.

It has a good magazine, readable cash section, interesting holiday section and the main paper just about sums up the week's news. I also find the contributors to the letters page articulate and, at times, amusing.

The columnists are very readable too.

The people and the mirror, although I am looking for a change as both these newspapers are full of nothing but showbiz and tv. icons and who and how many times they have had sex with, how boring, or is it because of my age,( it could be. )

Originally posted by Geoff

I happened across a copy of the Independent on Sunday in a pub today and was quite impressed. I know it's not a "cool" paper, but I thought the layout was excellent and they had some very interesting columns - far more original than the Times for example.

What paper, if any, do you read on a Sunday? And why?

Why is the Independent on Sunday not a "cool" newspaper? What is the definition of a "cool" newspaper?

• 5 years later...

Archived