Does anybody remember Sheppies?

I've never seen these, how come the chip shops don't sell these any more?

Which supermarket?

just rang my mum discodown, she knew exactly what i was talking about, says they were called "rounders" and she used to get them from jack fultons. I`m sure farm foods used to do something like them aswell.

just rang my mum discodown, she knew exactly what i was talking about, says they were called "rounders" and she used to get them from jack fultons. I`m sure farm foods used to do something like them aswell.

they used to do them with beans in aswell mmmmmmm

they used to do them with beans in aswell mmmmmmm

Thats right, they did. beef ones were better though.

You can trust my mum to be right when it comes to grub!

Revival of an old post but been thinking about these lately. Used to get them, two in a packet, from a supermarket down south, think it was an independent one. They were minced lamb mixed with small pieces of cabbage and mashed potatoes, then coated in breadcrumbs.  Then they went on the oven. They were grand. Wish you could still get them. Home made wouldn’t taste the same somehow. 

OK so a Sheppy  or Sheppie or Sheppey is nothing to do with the Ilse of Sheppey it is a Northern thing.  It is basically this in various forms as are all recepies that have variations. AND I cant believe that the hairy bikers have not picked up this particular recipie that is a gem.  AS FOLLOWS.

A sheppie is minced lamb, surrounded by mashed potato, covered in breadcrumbs and deepfried.

So I was travelling from the midlands to Dover to catch a ferry for a fishing trip to France and  turned into Dover off the main road and found a chip shop and after ordering Fish and chips asked the lady serving what the round thing was that looked a cross between a piece of tinned roe and a fish cake to which she replied. "Its a Sheppy and pointed very proudly to the menu card on the wall and said in a language I have alwayd found difficult to understand that it was a SHEPPY.  So I bought one and they are absolutely fantastic and have called in at the same shop for several years until covid struck.  I even researched it and found a northerner living in Dover that was desperate for one so told him where the chip shop was. So if you are ever going to Dover look up the chip shop second left past the petrol station about 1/4 mile in on your right. ITS A GEM