Zimbabwe: Basket case of Africa

And Mugabe has been elevated to godlike status amongst the Left.

Mugabe is stark staring mad. Id go so far as to say hes worse than Amin was.

Different country, same continent, but its the same thing, loons in charge.

But does he keep elderly ladies heads in his fridge?

The country is indeed in a bad way. Perhaps they would have been better sticking with Ian Smith.

But does he keep elderly ladies heads in his fridge?

No he doesn't, because of the reason given in post #1 :hihi:

A fridge full of defrosting heads...

Is it just me who feels turned on by that idea...?

A fridge full of defrosting heads...

Is it just me who feels turned on by that idea...?

Why would you need to freeze them anyway? Surely if you were a murderous dictator, you'd have access to a plentiful supply of fresh ones?

Freezing a freshly lopped off bonce keeps the brain matter inside nice and fresh, ready for the skull to be popped open and its contents eaten in the place of popcorn when the movie is on tv.

The brain is generally the last part of the noggin to freeze and as such it makes a tasty, nutritious snack while one is watching forest Gump or some such feel good movie.

Erm.. so I was told....

By my uncle Idi...

Its a sad state of afairs but an interesting one. The country was in a mess when i was there 3 years ago but has steadily got worse.

The interesting thing is that it shows, starvations, infrasture problems and inflation are NOT inevitable in Africa but caused by poor and corput administration. Its easy to blame failed rains etc but the real cause of problems is poor administration.

Zimbabwe was a net exporter of food and a very wealthy country prior to the troubles.

It highlights that no amount of aid will get some countries out of trouble it requires a change of attitude toward leaders and an end to the endemic corruption with Africa as a whole.

They booted out the white farmers and installed their own people, who didnt have a clue how to work the land.

Before they did that, Zimbabwe was the breadbasket of the area.

I wonder if Ill be labelled as racist for stating that little fact...

They booted out the white farmers and installed their own people, who didnt have a clue how to work the land.

Before they did that, Zimbabwe was the breadbasket of the area.

I wonder if Ill be labelled as racist for stating that little fact...

Thats the problem isn't it. It might be hard for an African to swallow but the fact was the white farmers where doing a better job. Its not racist even if thats what the likes of Mugabe hide behind. The fact is that many of the white farmers where 3 or 4th generation Zimbabweans so the "land reforms" where in fact a racist act against them.

I wonder if the war veterans who took the land are still thinking it was the right thing to do now that they can't afford a loaf of bread.

A middle ground must have been available but Mugabe needed a big gesture to ensure the WVs votes. I'd love to know how much he has stashed in Swiss banks :suspect: