What youth services are there in Gleadless Valley?

Thanks Ms Macbeth, its something ive been ongoing with since last september and just felt like i was banging my head against a brickwall. Ive written letters to the famous, emailed people visited centres, etc, etc. Then two weeks ago i watched The Jeremy Kyle show and saw a centre on there called dreams come true, in preston, i rang the guy(danny walsh) and arranged a visit, he was so helpful, told me what i needed to do, who to contact etc. I now have a meeting in place in june with police, housing, connections and so on. So fingers crossed my hard work has paid off.

But you said earlier Gleadless needs loads of things - how do you think they should be funded and supported if the community don't want to get involved? The council can't get their hands on community money - but vountary organisations can. The community will have decided what is needed - the people who live there are usually the best judges - then they can have ownership of and involvement in, any project that is developed.

The council have lost my trust and buisness, i will soon be moving away from ("beiuruit gleadless") to somewhere more civilised.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

The council have lost my trust and buisness, i will soon be moving away from ("beiuruit gleadless") to somewhere more civilised.

Good luck wherever you move, I hope you get somewhere you like and where there are less problems. I won't say 'no problems' cos I think that would be impossible nowadays!

However, I still don't see why the problems in Gleadless are all to do with the council!

However, I still don't see why the problems in Gleadless are all to do with the council!

The aren't Ms M. you know that, I know that. The parents and the young people are the problem. Unfortunately, we at the 'quote' "less affluent area in town" acknowledge that, know that we are in a good position to get funding for projects if, and I repeat if... people are willing to put the work in.

Its sad but parents say the kids are a pain because NOBODY does anything for them, reality check people! They are your children/nieces/nephews/grandchildren/neighbours. If you want things to change, you need to act, waiting for somebody else to do something is very boring and nothing will change.

I'm not sure which part you live in, but I have at least 3 aquaintances in the valley, who say that even their 'better' end has gone rapidly downhill in the last 18 months and are taking active steps to get out.

Ive just moved from "beiruit Lower Manor" to Gleadless Valley and I think its flippin great up here! :D Its so nice and quiet, the helicopter and off road bikes dont keep me awake at night and my neighbours are lovely. I dont understand what people on Gleadless are moaning about :huh: , there are far more worse areas than here to live trust me! I think Gleadless Valley is a really nice area and thats why Ive chose to buy a house here so my son can grow up in a better area than the Manor.

I've said it before and i'll say it again. I've lived on (in?) the Valley for 5 years now and its the best area i've lived in. Admittedly, i grew up in Arbourthorne til i was 12, then moved to Wybourn, where i stayed until i left home (parents still live there). But i also lived in Woodseats, Meersbrook and Nether Edge, all of which are considered 'nicer' areas than GV, and i saw/experienced more crime in those areas (burgled twice in Woodseats, car vandalized in Nether Edge) than i have at home.

Maybe I'm just lucky? Or maybe, its happening all over the city, and unless you happen to be lucky or well off enough to live in Whirlow or somewhere, you're bound to come across this kinda thing....:confused:

i work in a shop on the valley and its not just vandalism these kids get up to, they think its ok to just walk into the shop and steal without a second thought they dont even care about getting caught because they no the police only caution them. they are laughing realy. they think they run the estate it makes my blood boil;) :rant:

Hi If you are thinking about setting up a project within the Gleadless Valley I work for the council and can support community groups within the Valley to seek out funding and ideas for projects that they could be involved in. Let me know if you are interested.

Hi i'm embarking on a project in my local area for exactly what your saying, this will be for teenagers/young adults to have somewhere to go. this is not just a youth club opening one evening a week, this will be 7 days 10am-10pm with out of hours support too. Your right in saying there isnt anything for them to do and this is why i intend for KATAS to take off, there will be ongoing activities, help with education, careers, homelife etc etc.The sheffield star have visited me today and are running a piece about us and its progression, it should be in the star in the next couple of days. The only down side is its not at gleadless its Woodthorpe/ Richmond/Handsworth.

Ive seen your piece in the star tonight n1 and good luck with it.:)

Ive seen your piece in the star tonight n1 and good luck with it.:)

Thanks, need as much support as i can get. :hihi:

Dont no how you can say beiuruit gleadless.I lived here 30 yrs and wouldnt move off the estate. Yes got youths just like other areas but not half as bad as people are making out.When ever we had trouble i went and spoke to them in a normal manner explained over kids in bed etc and they was fine. All a bit exagerated if you ask me.nothing better to do than moan.How many can come on here and say dont have off road bikes nuisance youths etc i doubt anyone can EVERY ESTATE HAS THEM JUST THE RESIDANTS DONT MOAN ALL THE TIME :loopy: :loopy: