What youth services are there in Gleadless Valley?

OK, took me a while to get to this thread.

Personally I hate living here but it's all we could afford, I hate the illegal bikers, I hate the drug trafficking I can see out of my window. I hate the vandalism, the violence, the crime, the fires, the burnt out cars, the audible domestic abuse, the vile teens and younger kids who scream and shout outside my house because they have no where to go, I hate the litter and I hate the apathy.

Laughaminute, please contact me via pm. I will do something.

If anyone else has any zest to do something proactive - contact me and lets get on with it.

My suggestion is a skate park, hang out area, bmx park and seated shelter on the land by the quarry. I'm experienced in writing funding applications and I have the resources but I'm not prepared to be a one woman force.

Katas - I may be in touch to see what your project is about and how we can implement your ideas.

Otherwise CorkerSWFC - take me with you when you go!

Heres one for you, our next door but one neighbour has only been living there 2 weeks with her 3 young kids, some one decided to burn all her kids clothes while they were all on the washing line, what the hell is that all about?

my earlier post taken off. stand by what I said and I actually thought we lived in a free country. obviously opinions about asylum seekers not accepted. why not. they ruined this country. they the ones blowing us all up!!! from here inside the country. will not be posting again. can not believe Sheffield Forum not for born and bred sheffield folk!!! Gleadless rocks. I still live here despite the scum from manor, norfolk park and the asylum seekers!

my earlier post taken off. stand by what I said and I actually thought we lived in a free country. obviously opinions about asylum seekers not accepted. why not. they ruined this country. they the ones blowing us all up!!! from here inside the country. will not be posting again. can not believe Sheffield Forum not for born and bred sheffield folk!!! Gleadless rocks. I still live here despite the scum from manor, norfolk park and the asylum seekers!

I see you are giving out your usual intelligent and reasoned comments....

why thank you. am very proud of my opinion. I actually lived on maisonettees, the worse offender in relation to some idiots that live on the estate, not in maisonette now but still in the area. and reality sucks doesnt it. my opinion is just that - mine. you have yours I have mine. and I am sticking by mine. off now to have a life. may be you should try it instead of spendin all your time on here

will not be posting again. !

I see you changed your mind :hihi:

Having just driver past the Far Lees pub does anyone know whats going on with it?

That would make a great youth centre/toddler group/holiday club.

There could be a provision for babies, toddler and preschoolers in the day, 5 - 11's from 4 - 7pm and 12 - 18s 7pm onward. It's big enough to cater for lots of people, it's fairly central for young people to get to, could be ideal.

I imagine there's a car park which could be used for skateboarding etc.

Anyone any ideas?

actually it has to be run as a pub for so many years and the length of time is not up yet so will have to be a pub if it opens again or pull the place down apparently.

Where did you get your info from?

Surely rather than have it stood empty it could be used to solve local issues?

Where did you get your info from?

Surely rather than have it stood empty it could be used to solve local issues?

Don't worry.

It may have been part of the original planning design of the estate that a pub should be there, but times have changed and it will be possible to apply for a change of use if necessary.

why thank you. am very proud of my opinion. I actually lived on maisonettees, the worse offender in relation to some idiots that live on the estate, not in maisonette now but still in the area. and reality sucks doesnt it. my opinion is just that - mine. you have yours I have mine. and I am sticking by mine. off now to have a life. may be you should try it instead of spendin all your time on here

:hihi: you and your family was so perfect wasnt they (not) how can you say the things you say knowing that :loopy:

Horray! Another argument about Gleadless Valley! There simply aren't enough of these on SF! Come on, forummers, pull your finger out!!