Where have all the manners gone?

Well said Cookingfat...( <What an odd name?!!)

When you look at the mothers and fathers of 'SOME' of the children today it doe's make you wonder what there kids are going to be like.

Sad truth is the world we live in today is not a nice place.

There are some really ignorant people around, and rudeness irritates me. However, every now and then you get some nice surprises. The other day when I was with my Mum in Boots opticians we were asked to sit in waiting area. There was nowhere for me to sit, - not that I minded; - when a boy aged about 16 (to stereotype - hoodie etc....) stood up and offered me his seat. But on the whole good manners seem to be disappearing. I guess it's down to the circles we move in!

My mum used to dragged me around boots the chemist in the 70's.

One time i exitidly said " Look mum ive found a bag of smoke "

She said .." That's not smoke its cotton wool love "....

Never watched candlewick green the same after that !

i work in a shop and amount of people that just stand talking on there phones while you pack there bags and no tha nk you or anything and also our post man is the worst he is ignorent and never smiles

i work in a shop and amount of people that just stand talking on there phones while you pack there bags and no tha nk you or anything and also our post man is the worst he is ignorent and never smiles

Oh, that used to really irritate me when I worked in a shop. They don't even acknowledge that you're there by smiling or anything.

Luckily, I have the friendliest postman to have ever existed. He always waves if he see's you about and chats when he can.

I've decided to stop being so polite, the other day I got on the bus and I sat in a seat that was soaked and I think it was milk and had started to smell, so I moved seats and then a woman was about to sit there with her little kid and I told her that there was something on the seat, and she gave me the dirtiest look I've ever seen. I wish I'd let her sit there now. PFFT

If I bump into someone when I'm out, I always apologise (even if it's their fault usually) and I rarely get the same back.

Edited by Nataliie

i think my post man has had his tounge removed lol

Was in London last weekend on the tube, and the only man to give up his seat was a young coloured chap. There were four of us women and loads of other men sitting down. Does that say something about the way foreign kids are brought up compared to our children?

I was recently catching a train, everyone rushed to get on. I waited for people to get off first. One person was using crutches, so obviously needed a little more room and time. Despite this, the kids next to me were still rushing to get on, so I subtly positioned myself to block them getting on whilst this person hobbled off, otherwise he would have been stuck. All it takes is a little thought and consideration for others.

Was in London last weekend on the tube, and the only man to give up his seat was a young coloured chap. There were four of us women and loads of other men sitting down. Does that say something about the way foreign kids are brought up compared to our children?

People in London dont queue up for buses like we do.

They just jump the queue when a bus arrives and get on.

That's how they opperate down there.!

They don't que for busses over here well not in town outside market anyway they always jump the que

Im a lady of what you would say is of small stature.

Many a time ive been waiting to be served at a counter, when some ignorant so and so (usually some neanderthal workman type) behind me will reach over my head! with a news paper and chocolate pop etc and say "eeeer luv" to the assistant and they serve them!!! let me tell you, that they both get an ear bashing!!! what is the world coming too?:rant:

Complaining about the youth & manners is nothing new

"What is happening to our young people? They disrespect their elders, they disobey their parents. They ignore the law. They riot in the streets inflamed with wild notions. Their morals are decaying. What is to become of them?"

That was Plato over 2000 years ago.

Complaining about the youth & manners is nothing new

"What is happening to our young people? They disrespect their elders, they disobey their parents. They ignore the law. They riot in the streets inflamed with wild notions. Their morals are decaying. What is to become of them?"

That was Plato over 2000 years ago.

And every generation blames the generation before them.

What's that saying....quit pro quo?

Something like that.