Wedding Cake Makers/Decorators (merged threads)

Rachel Edwards is making mine too. It is 3 layers but each layer is taller by about a half than normal so the cake looks tall and thin. She is iceing it all white with pretty swirls adn sparkles up the side. We are having a character creations topper on it (you send them a piccie of you and what you are wearing and they make little yous to go on the top.

Well i'm going all traditional and letting someone on here do my cake :o the one and only........THE_DADDY!!! :clap: :clap:

He's doing me a 3 tier cake in black/white/pink and i can have any design i want :D

Hi girls

if you are looking for a wedding cake for your wedding but you dont want a normal sponge or fruit cake, then my cousin makes unusual wedding cakes made from cheese

you can mix a layer of cheese with fruit cake, or you can have a cake made entirely of cheese. She can also wax it to match your colour scheme.

She does over 70 different types of cheese including unique blends like wensleydale with strawberries and cream, or wensleydale with baileys irish cream and fruit.

so if your interested in a unique twist on a traditional wedding cake then contact her and she can advise you of what she can do to help you.

[email protected]

If I ever get married, it's got to be one of those cheese cakes. It's my favouritest food in the world:love:

I'm having a round 3 tier with some embossing on but I'm a bit worried that I've gone off the idea of the design lol, I did choose snowflakes in gold and silver colours but I'm scared its going to look a bit 'busy' as I want a set of those personalised cake toppers on, and the colours wont match

hi honey if you have gone off the idea have a think what else you would like i can do the toppers to match dont stress !!!!!!!!! :hihi::rolleyes:

lol what worries me about the toppers as obviously its gonna be me in a red dress and not sure if it will be a bit too much with gold and silver!

I'm thinking really hard lol, its only that bit I'm worried about, the size and shape ect are perfect!

Hi - not going to try and flog you one as i'm sure you're sorted...! I did this and did the snowflakes in pale gold - and you are right, I'm thinking in plain white would look amazing and no worries about your topper?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/victoria_made/2774111196/

2774111188_18267e26d6_b.jpg

I love the one with white sugar roses and the organza ribbon

Thank you for the lovely comments : )

Have been asked to do some cakes for a mini wedding fayre at Freya off Eccy road on 18th September in the evening if anyone is around? Will be doing some mini cakes for general scoffing and am masterminding a lovely design for a large cake as we speak.....

We had a cupcake tower from Fancie, it was beautiful and very very yummy.

Was yours the butterfly one?

Fancie are making my wedding cupcakes too. We're having a cupcake mountain with a cutting cake for the top.

There are going to be mini cupcakes with green frosting for the trees and I'll be making some fimo figures for the topper although I'm going to have to have a few practice runs to get them right!

Just wanted to pop this on here, as on the other Bride to be sites i've been on they are very popular.

Ikea are doing a 3 tier cup/Fairy Cake stand in chrome and clear glass for £10.99

Sainsburys are doing a lovely 2 tier (I think it was) in Baby blue with pastel pokadots for £18.

But St.Lukes Hospice shop in Chapeltown today had 3 different oldie worldie Cake stands for cup/Fairy cake in Pottery and Chrome for £3.99 -£4.99. They also had a couple of Glass cut cake stand for a lerge cake for a few pounds each. So Charity shops are worth a definate look if you are having the very populaf Cup cakes etc or a Tea Party Theme.

MM x

PM THE_DADDY off here, i know he does wicked birthday cakes, he may do wedding cakes too, worth a PM