Wedding Cake Makers/Decorators (merged threads)

go to m&s they do fantastic cakes at the fraction of the price! big congrats , hope your day is really special. x

Hi

I design wedding cakes for my clients. Usually they are from ideas that they would like to incorporate into their design eg, colour themes, decoration from their wedding dress or flowers from their bouquets. All the sugar flowers I make and airbrush/ colour dust to match colour swatches, which are then handed to a trained florist for wiring so they are perfectly put together.

I only take one cake for one date as each one is delivered and set up at your venue by myself . I always think you will have enough to do the night before without worrying about fetching your cake!

I also have a range of cake stands which are always provided for use on the day and returned.I don't charge extra for the service of delivery & set up.

I have found also that through consultation my clients are only being offered 2 flavours of sponges & fruit & their choices are extremely limited as to what they are able to have?? I make 7 different flavours of sponge(to date) & fruit and you can have every tier a different flavour if you want to-goes down a treat catering for different guests! With also having been a chef for more than 16 years if a special dietery requirement is needed then I can cater for it.

I do have a website showing some of my most recent cakes from 2007 and also my work has been accepted in Wedding Cakes-a design source & My Dream Wedding Cake.

If you are interested then all my contact details are on http://www.CakesbyEmma.co.uk or pm me.

regards

Emma

I have found a few websites and there is a cheese shop in Chesterfield that offer it as a service. I think what I was wondering was if anyone has had one how it went down with guests etc. If you were a wedding guest would this be a change or would you still want a piece of cake?

I can't decide if I like it or not:confused:

Your welcome,

I have done them before on the buffets I used to do at the country house hotels I worked at. They do look stunning,especially if you pick the different colours of cheese and garnish them with bright coloured fruits. You could always have 1 tier of cake simply decorated alongside to either use as your cutting cake or to go along with the cheese. I don't know if other people do it but we've always eaten fruitcake along with a slice of cheese!!Weird?tastes lovely the sweet and savoury together.

The wedding cake source magazine I use when I go to see my clients had a little feature on them as unusual cakes and they do look good.

It's your wedding-you have what you want.

If I can help anymore just let me know

Emma

The best way to describe it is like a stacked wedding cake with 3 or 4 'tiers' but instead of cake you use different truckles of cheese.Different sizes and colours and then you decorate it with colourful sliced fruit. I used to use farmhouse organic cheeses which have the best flavours and then make huge baskets of handmade cheese biscuits.

If you still can't picture it let me know and i'll scan the photo for you.

Emma

We eat cheese and fruitcake too! It is a very nice combination which is why I'm contemplating having a wedding cake and a cheese cake:)

My new idea (Emma please can you give me your profesional opinion) is having smaller cheese cakes as table centre pieces. Just using smaller truckles...but will it work?

We're having cheese wedding cake - getting married in August. We're using the Yorkshire Cheese Co - http://www.yorkshiredalescheese.co.uk/. Jane there is v helpful, tho obviously i can't comment on the finished product!! I love cheese and so does my partner. It's our day and we want cheese - so we're having it!! Luckily family and friends love it too.

Also had a thought re giant pork pies.......... http://www.wilsonsbutchers.co.uk/

..... or is that going too far????!!!!!!!!!

Tell him how much wedding cake costs that will probably make him change his mind, works for me lol.

lol out of interest how much does cheese cake cost? (I almost said cheesecake......and went to raid the freezer :hihi: )

I was quoted around £175 for cake for 70 people. This was a basic quote - we're thinking of a Caerphilly, boyfriend is Welsh, flavoured cheddar and a stilton and don't know exactly how much this will be. Still will work out cheaper than an actual cake.

I got the idea just browsing the internet and as soon as i saw a cheese cake i decided i had to have one. My boyfriend was nervous at first and said 'i'll have to get used to that idea', as did my parents, and his parents just laughed!! But given that i didn't want a cake in the first place (gonna feel a right fool cutting a cake in front of everyone), this was a perfect compromise. And let's face it - everyone will remember the wedding for it!

If you have a dessert you would normally follow this with cheese - so it makes sense to have a cheese cake rather than another dessert - that's my argument anyway!! We don't have room in the budget, but i'd love to serve port with it......!!