Blackstock Road Tip Megathread

i used to work on blackstock a few years ago an we used to love makin it difficult for mugs like you with vans . if only you'd seen sense an paid the piper you'd get no hassle at all . know what i mean kidda:thumbsup::thumbsup:

i used to work on blackstock a few years ago an we used to love makin it difficult for mugs like you with vans . if only you'd seen sense an paid the piper you'd get no hassle at all . know what i mean kidda:thumbsup::thumbsup:

The old understanding that used to be in place between the lads at the tip and people wanting to unload benifitted everyone . The lads in the tip got a regular drink and turned a blind eye and everyone got to unload.

Happy days mate .

excactly were you one of the regulars lol

but mines NOT A VAN :hihi:

and i'm only taking domestic rubbish!

i put off going yesterday, but really do have to go this morning........anybody know what time they open?

thanks.

I must catch them on a good day because to be honest they have always been friendly and helpful when i've gone up. My wife took some stuff and they helped her carry it.

All in all i think they do a decent job.

Well I went and no other cars/vans ect were there, just the happy workers looking into the skips and pulling out stuff they either liked or could sell lol!!

So I parked up, threw my bags in the skip and left with no hassle at all. I usually use the recycling bins at Tesco so I rarely go to the tip, just had so much domestic waste to get rid off, got a key now though so its all good.

An accident waiting to happen well it did this afternoon two cars involved. Ambulance,paramedics and police in attendance. Anybody know any more

Err was it the tip as i thought it didnt open on a thursday thought it was friday - Monday

just saw it as i was going the other way cant say weather it was open or shut

Does anyone know which days Blackstock Road tip are open and times?

http://www.veoliaenvironmentalservices.co.uk/Sheffield/recycling-sites/Household-Waste-Recycling-Centres/Blackstock-Road-HWRC/

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/environment/waste/reducingrecycling/recyclingcentres.html

Operating times

Friday to Monday

Summer hours

1st April - 30th September

10am until 6pm

Winter hours

1st October - 30th March

10am until 4pm

---------- Post added 26-01-2013 at 10:12 ----------

Youre welcome :roll:

Edited by nikki-red

please can anyone be so kind as to offer the direct telephone number for the blackstock waste site.

thank you