Litter training a rabbit

hello

ive recently got a dwarf lop earred rabbit, and was planning on litter training her, however this is proving somewhat difficult, as she refuses to go in the litter tray at the moment and goes anywhere but! Has anyone ever done this? any tips or advice would be welcomed! thankyou

Maybe it is the stuff that you are putting in the tray that she doesn't like? Are you picking up her muck and putting it in to the tray so she associates the tray with going to the loo? I thought it was like training kittens? I know it is difficult to train rabbits etc though

Hi

My bun was hard to litter train before we had him castrated now he uses it all the time. Just try to be persistant and keep putting them in

Hi :)

Have you tried putting her hay in the litter tray, over the litter? My rabbits like to sit in their litter trays and combine nibbling at their hay and doing everything else at once :blush:

Ours automatically took to using their litter trays- we just used to put sawdust in and they had corner litter trays in their hutches- their natural instinct was to defecate as far away from their sleeping quarters as possible, so they were quick to start using the tay we provided.