Question about deaf people

I wonder if any of our troupes are trained to lip-read Arabic ?

My 10 year old daughter asked me the best question I have ever been asked.

Can deaf people hear themselves think? I really did not know how to answer her. Can anyone answer this for her (and me!). cheers

I am a deaf person myself, so from my prospective there are two ways of answering this. It depends what you mean "Can deaf people hear themselves think?". Because I find there are two ways of hearing yourself think, one is talking to yourself and the other is talking in your mind, techniqually you are not talking. I believe we all hear ourselves think in our minds, its a bit like remembering things or having a creative idea. So in short deaf people and hearing people hear themselves think in the same way. Another point to everyone lip reads, we all did it when we where younger, its just that deaf people tend to be better at it because they combensate for their hearing loss.

My partner is partially deaf I will ask him :)

However is it not more likely just a figure of speach and really its your brainwaves putting an idea in your head :huh:

I asked my oh he agrees with me that its ideas & gen brain activity that triggers thoughts rather than hearing yourself think :)