Does anyone in Hillsborough remember Walter?

Walter came to call today again to tell my dad it is his birthday soon. He wasn't looking so well, so dad wanted to give him a lift home, but Walter wasn't able to tell him where he lived. Dad ended up taking him to the police station so I hope they can find him his way home.

It was nice to see Walter enjoying his breakfast in The Rawson Saturday.

I think it must have been his carer he was with he never changes.

I remember Walter. I lived on Marlcliffe and he used to give my daughter sweets and conkers.

My hubby grew up on Middlewood road and went to Marlcliffe school also and he remembers him (and he is 51!!)

I am glad to know he is still getting out and about at 86

was Walter,

the one with the long black overcoat? his hair as i remember was combed straight back and was black in colour.I was born on Middlewood road and would often walk with Walter to the park he always told me he was going back to be a little boy.Also there was i'm not quite sure George or maybe it was Arthur they would always sit in the old mans hut which was near the play area.I have fond memories of Walter and i though he would have died years ago.I can see him now walking down the road with his arms at the back of him.I also remember Ivan who was the grave digger in Wadsley Churchyard.I am almost 63 so Walter must be in his late seventies or even in his eighties.Good to see he is still around.

was Walter the one with the long black overcoat? ....Also there was i'm not quite sure George or maybe it was Arthur they would always sit in the old mans hut which was near the play area. ...I am almost 63 so Walter must be in his late seventies or even in his eighties.Good to see he is still around.
This is Walter (photo taken in 2007). He'll be 86 on 22 April, bless him. There is often a birthday party in one of the Wadsley pubs. I haven't seer Arthur for quite a while - I used to see him in Wadsley with his pal Tony, and in the early evening they'd both be in the Sportsman (Worrall Road). Edited by hillsbro

hi

Hillsbro thanks for the photo,thats my Walter apart from the hair.tears are in my eyes.God bless Walter

ahhh! This is such a blast from the past! Bless him! I can remember as a teenager, me and my friends used to recieve gifts wrapped in christmas paper all year round! Usually it was one of those tiny William Hill's pens! Glad to hear walter is still going strong.. :-)

This is Walter (photo taken in June 2007). He'll be 86 on 22 April, bless him. There is often a birthday party in one of the Wadsley pubs. I haven't seer Arthur for quite a while - I used to see him in Wadsley with his pal Tony, and in the early evening they'd both be in the Sportsman (Worrall Road).

I go down to Hillsborough a lot and have never seen this man.:huh:

Never mind. I've never seen America, but I know it exists.

Walter is often to be seen sitting on the island between holme lane traffic lights - at the Hillsborough end of Malin Bridge before it turns right onto Langsett Road. He is still a star!

awwhhh good old walter ! always had a conker and kitkat to spare!

I remember Walter too - the planes were class - nice bloke - can any one remember Ernist - the tall chap that used to walked about too?