The Islam & Muslims discussion megathread

Does the government bend over backwards for the Muslim community?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Does the government bend over backwards for the Muslim community?

• Yes, please state why
    • No, people who say this are just thick & ignorant

The Muslim Brotherhood isn't some kind of secular movement that cynically uses religious rhetoric in the way that say the business wing of the Republican Party in the US does or Saddam did, it's directly inspired by Islam and it's raison d'etre is to create a utopia run on Islamic principles. It is a religious movement which encompasses many things including politics.

The Muslim Brotherhood has been very picky about some of the aspects of Islam it's chosen to apply over the years. And some of the Republican Right have been as religiously devout as their Islamic opposite numbers.

Anyway....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/6942688.stm

The new kids on the block also want the Caliphate.

Hizb ut-Tahrir - or Liberation Party - was founded in Jerusalem in the 1950s by Palestinian religious scholar Taqiuddin an-Nabhani.

Today it has a mainly clandestine following in the Middle East, a large presence in Central Asia - where hundreds of its members have been jailed - and active supporters in the West, including London, which is believed to be one of its main bases. [/Quote]

No surprise there ! London seems to be a mecca for Muslim madness. - sic(k) pun intended. :|

The power and politics of all the hiearchies of communism,Islam, Christianity (take your pick) has little to do with why these movements were conceived. The apathy of the 'man in the street' made it easy for certain more driven factions to infiltrate and quickly gain power within these organizations and use them for their own ends.

Unfortunately the less intelligent minions (not necessarily less educated the two do not go hand in hand) then follow their 'team' like sheep, or in many cases like lambs to the slaughter.

Islam to the nakid eye seems to be about death, violence, killing, bombs and mass murder of everyone that isn't a follower of Islam.

I maybe wrong but thats what the News,Papers,Reports and 'other' media seems to report.

what gets me is if i get this impression i'm sure others do and who is going to educate us different ?

Just a though :huh:

It is boring to mention Americans again, but if they had not hyped up the rellevance of the Mujahedeen against the Russians, we may not have arrived at this juncture. It was the American munitians that were used but to exagerate the Russian humulliation as being beaten by these primitive people on donkeys, they gave them (the mujaheeen) undue credit. This of course gave Afghans a false sense of their own power till of course the Americans needed revenge for september 11th. Now you have the same media machine demonising them that was honouring them. Remember the films like Rambo 3?

Coupled with the unpopularity of the war and resurgance of the Russian arrogance, it won't be long before the Americans will need muslim support agin. I fully expect the crocodial tears and building of bridges with promises of help again. You may recall the promises made to solve the Palistinian issue providing they could support to launch a war against Saddam. All forgotten now though. Deciet seems to be forgiven and forgotten in our society all too soon, and sadly almost expected of our politicians.

Islam to the nakid eye seems to be about death, violence, killing, bombs and mass murder of everyone that isn't a follower of Islam.

I maybe wrong but thats what the News,Papers,Reports and 'other' media seems to report.

what gets me is if i get this impression i'm sure others do and who is going to educate us different ?

Just a though :huh:

Islam today represents the same as it always has done, repression.

Folllower's do as they're told. Apostates will be hunted down and murdered. Women will cover up and shut up. Animals will have their throat's slit and be allowed to bleed to death as Allah wishes it to be so. Islam is the greatest threat to western civilisation since marxism.

Probably not.

I agree

Plus I think the topic of this post is completely biased in that it directs everyone to only give views that conform to the incorrect assumptions made in the begining.

Islam is nothing like communism and neither should be feared but understood. Lets be a little more open minded please

The Muslim Brotherhood has been very picky about some of the aspects of Islam it's chosen to apply over the years.

How many religious groups don’t do that, especially those with their origins in religions with the breadth and variety of Islam?

And some of the Republican Right have been as religiously devout as their Islamic opposite numbers.

Indeed, they are mostly concentrated at the grass roots and in positions of little value to the business wing who find them extremely useful foot soldiers.

Anyway....

Just goes to show that the desire to return to the mythical ‘good old days’ isn’t just the preserve of Daily Mail readers.

I agree

Plus I think the topic of this post is completely biased in that it directs everyone to only give views that conform to the incorrect assumptions made in the begining.

Islam is nothing like communism

So it isn't true that some branches of both communism & Islam are ideologically opposed to liberal democracy and individual rights?

and neither should be feared but understood. Lets be a little more open minded please

Whilst people often get carried away with such things why shouldn't I fear ideologies that potentially threaten liberal democracy?

Communism failed because it's an unworkable system based upon fundamentally flawed assumptions about human nature.
Which sums up Islam nicely IMO.

Islam is the greatest threat to western civilisation since marxism.

No, the complete opposite is true. Western civilisation is the greatest threat to Islam, and THAT is why we are talking about it today. The rise of the West in the East is far more of an issue to those who cling onto fundamental Islam and its medieval ways.

The fact that so many people from Islamic nations want to settle in modern western nations should tell you all you need to know about the future of Islam worldwide. It will whither in the same way that Christianity did.

We just happen to be living through it's wild death throes.

Which sums up Islam nicely IMO.

It will whither in the same way that Christianity did.

We just happen to be living through it's wild death throes.

Really?

Isn't Islam the second largest and fastest growing religion in the world?

Islam today represents the same as it always has done, repression.

Folllower's do as they're told. Apostates will be hunted down and murdered. Women will cover up and shut up. Animals will have their throat's slit and be allowed to bleed to death as Allah wishes it to be so. Islam is the greatest threat to western civilisation since marxism.

I'm a muslim so can you detail who I am repressing ?

My wife is muslim. Can you explain why she never wear a 'ninja suit' with just the little eye slit showing ?

Can you explain why my wife is free to speak to me on any subject she wishes ?

Last of all can you explain who the factory farming system and the mass slaughterhouses are kinder to animals than a single rapid cut from a knife they are not allowed to see.

Can you also explain why the EEGs and ECGs from animals slaughtered in both ways show less stress and less pain from the animals killed the halal way ?

You are mixing up local cultural traits with what is asked in Islam. I don't know if you do this becaulce you don't want to learn. don't know or just want to believe this version to suit your own political ideals.

You are using stereotypes to force you ideas on others that muslims are this, that and the other. Even your avatar on an untypical muslim woman tries to en-enforce the version of the truth you are trying to push forward. Distorting reality is a great way of pushing forward an extreme political idea allowing you to repress any group of people you take a dislike to.