The Islam & Muslims discussion megathread

Does the government bend over backwards for the Muslim community?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Does the government bend over backwards for the Muslim community?

• Yes, please state why
    • No, people who say this are just thick & ignorant

Anyway, back to the original issue, the prison service seemed concerned about two issues, terrorists get offed by other inmates and terrorists spreading their pisonous jihadi views among the prison population, both of which are perfectly reasonable concerns.

Both could be solves by keeping convicted terrorists in solitary confinement, that way no other inmates can kill them and they can't spread their filth among other inmates.

Problem solved.

Because another terrorist has been attacked in jail, his cell fire bombed, the home office are considering a Muslim only jail. Is this a good idea?

Perhaps they were attacked because of the horrendous crime they committed. The fact that they were muslims is by the by. Who is to say that a white christian found guilty of indisriminatly murdering hundreds of innocent citizens would not have met with the same fate?

Mod note:

Now that we have handed out bans and deleted 59 posts form this thread can we please get back to the OP?

Thanks.

Because another terrorist has been attacked in jail, his cell fire bombed, the home office are considering a Muslim only jail. Is this a good idea?

No. There shouldn't be a muslim only jail. The mere suggestion is a lazy one by the government in omitting discipline and conduct within a prison. I can understand the reason of needing more manpower to enforce a more orderly prison.

The fact is that, a man is imprisoned for a reason. It is not a death row, nor should their safety be overlooked. If we do, then we should indeed withdraw from the Human Rights Act.

.......The mere suggestion is a lazy one by the government ..............

Why is it lazy to include ALL options for consideration?

It was considered and THROWN OUT!

Why is it lazy to include ALL options for consideration?

It was considered and THROWN OUT!

Why would the government consider such an option and to only really drum up ill-chat from the majority of the population? What exactly is the purpose and how will it solve the solution? Cos I know what will happen is that, it invites a bunch of idiots to then play the "race card" stance.

There is already a good system in place whereby people are put into different prisons and rooms depending on the crime that they have done, and their sentencing. Why should religion get involved in this instance? To even suggest so, is idiotic. It just means that the government is trying to sweep it under the carpet and not deal with the other idiots who are causing the trouble and the fire-bombing, and all the other antagonisms. Maybe these prisoners should be dealt with also?

There is a high number of murders which happens behind prison walls. I think it is a problem which the government have to address, and address it in a way which will not create more problems. Minimal creation of other problems would be good!

his cell fire bombed

How, using what ?

Bago,

Go and read the information that is available.

The reality is that the government is concerned about problems within the prison population and discussing ways of dealing with them.

"The government" has made no announcement for you to "ill-chat" about other than for the Ministry of Justice responding to the nonsense to say that there isn't a cat-in-hell's of this suggestion becoming a reality.

Bago,

Go and read the information that is available.

The reality is that the government is concerned about problems within the prison population and discussing ways of dealing with them.

"The government" has made no announcement for you to "ill-chat" about other than for the Ministry of Justice responding to the nonsense to say that there isn't a cat-in-hell's of this suggestion becoming a reality.

I've read that article, and it mentioned that the government secretly considered this move. However, this information has gotten out into the public domain. Even I feel that I lose a little bit of respect for them to be considering this move is because this stance goes against some of their actual existing policies. This is why it is such a hypocrisy.

A dumb thought, if there are no solid facts to say that it will go down that route, then what is the point of this thread? :rolleyes:

What a completely absurd idea to have religiously separated prisons, what better way to divide such.

I think what lacks in modern day prisons is that all should be made to wear the same uniform irrespective of religion to teach all that they are there for the same reason.

Rat thought.

Muslim Only Jail = Deportation

Sorted ;)

Aren't Muslims British Aswell?

If they commit a crime send them to Prison - end of story!

Can't believe the amount of Racist posts on here:loopy:

Freedom of speech is one thing but how the hell do you expect people to integrate when you have racists insisting people of a certain religous belief are thrown out of a country for commiting a crime?

Also are these posts moderated at all?

What a completely absurd idea to have religiously separated prisons, what better way to divide such.

I think what lacks in modern day prisons is that all should be made to wear the same uniform irrespective of religion to teach all that they are there for the same reason.

Rat thought.

Sounds fair. These are a new breed of prisoner that tried to do things that the other prisoners don't like. Child molesters get beaten up and I'm told end up in separate areas of the prison. I suppose these half baked nutters will end up with the same.

Two lots of low life head cases but they have in common that they have done things the other prisoners dislike and so are at risk.

No reason to suggest sepaate prisons as most muslim prisoners will be in there for 'normal' crime and these few really deserve a beating anyway.

You have to remember they got away light. In some countries it's a bullet for what they did.