Sign in to follow this  

Wimbledon 2003

Inspired by a TV programme on yesterday about Wimbledon.

Who is going to win this year?

Who is your favourite player?

Who was your favourite player?

Anybody ever been? What's it like?

Who is/was the greatest ever player? Perry/Laver/Bjorg/McEnroe/Becker/Navratilova/King/others

I have never been but I used to like watching the finals back in the Connors/Bjorg era.

Can Henman go all the way this time?

No, I don't think Henman can go all the way.

My favourite player used to be Ivan Lendl. Grass was never his best surface and he was not noted for been a happy player.

These days it's all serve and not much rallies or vollies. Would taking things back to the days of wooden rackets make the game more watchable?

Another thing, will the weather hold up?

I think Wimbledon this year will be a little overcast by the news that Anna Kournikova is having to consider retirement at such a young age because of her ongoing back problems.

Judging by Tim Henman's performance in the Stella cup, I don't think he can go all the way, but only time will tell.

Originally posted by Neo

I think Wimbledon this year will be a little overcast by the news that Anna Kournikova is having to consider retirement at such a young age because of her ongoing back problems.

Judging by Tim Henman's performance in the Stella cup, I don't think he can go all the way, but only time will tell.

Do you actually think Kournikova cares about the Tennis? She must realise that she is just an average player and hasn't a hope in hell of winning a Wimbledon singles title. I think she prefers the attention myself.

Originally posted by mikey

Inspired by a TV programme on yesterday about Wimbledon.

Who is going to win this year?

Who is your favourite player?

Who was your favourite player?

Anybody ever been? What's it like?

Who is/was the greatest ever player? Perry/Laver/Bjorg/McEnroe/Becker/Navratilova/King/others

I have never been but I used to like watching the finals back in the Connors/Bjorg era.

Can Henman go all the way this time?

I notice you didn't mention Greg Rusedski. Now is this because you don't class him as been British or because it's common sense his only chance is to serve his way to victory (which is not likely to happen against the better returners of serve). :)

Never been to wimbledon but it is a pleasure I am looking forward to!

Originally posted by halevan

Never been to wimbledon but it is a pleasure I am looking forward to!

Why, have you got tickets for the final or something?

I always liked John McEnroe, even when watching him as a nipper back in the 70/80's. I've got his autobiography and it's a very engaging read. And he's the best commentator by miles too. An all round top bloke in my opinion!

I found it amusing how McEnroe had the nerver to call Rusedski's outburst disgraceful. It was pretty mild compared to what McEnroe himself used to get up to.