Annoying Windows Applications!

Does anyone know if it's possible to stop those ill-behaved apps (such as Word, Photoshop) from insisting on keeping the focus when they start up? I just want to start them and be able to continue what I was working on elsewhere - not have to keep switching back because they seem to think they are more important!

I'd dearly love such a thing too!

Outlook is the worst! V. annoying!

Hmm… dontcha just lurve those posters who are too lazy to look for a solution on Google? Seems I'm one of them! :blush:

So, to answer my own question, it seems that Tweak UI might do the job! Though it may not be 100% effective.

Hold down Shift key when clicking on the shortcut. The app will run in the background then

Never realised TweakUi did that, not used it for a while. But that's the problem with computer apps, the amount of time taken to go through all the options and variablilities of all the programmes you may ever need, before you even narrow it down to the ones you install, go through all the preferences and have to learn to use fully, would take an inordinate amount of time.

Installed TweakUI, applied and tested with PS and hooray it works. Ta for that I&M.

Hold down Shift key when clicking on the shortcut. The app will run in the background then

As I was saying above. I've used computers for a long time and like to learn shortcuts and yet I've never come across that one before.

As I was saying above. I've used computers for a long time and like to learn shortcuts and yet I've never come across that one before.

Me neither! Does it work? :huh: