Virgin media bb speed

I'm now on 198kbps. This sucks. :rant:

I'm now on 198kbps. This sucks. :rant:

I'm only on 215kbps today as well - this service is frankly sh*** to be honest, and its not worth the £35 we are paying a month.

I'm on VM via cable and last weekend and early part of this week service was appalling... whatever fault or changes they made to the network, that is now behind us and normal excellence service / speed has been resumed.

I'm on VM via cable and last weekend and early part of this week service was appalling... whatever fault or changes they made to the network, that is now behind us and normal excellence service / speed has been resumed.

Well my service certainly hasn't improved.. I'm on 217k now. I can't get anything on BBC news, YouTube etc to stream properly, no point even trying to download anything big... its total crap :roll:

likewise - been total cack for six or seven days now. We've already had our monthly fee refunded - but I'd rather have a working net connection.

I'm keeping a log of my maximum achievable speeds every day that I intend to present when breaking out of their 12 month contract, and signing up for an ADSL alternative.

Theres no mention of the Sheffield issues on the status page (which I found on a newsgroup - not easy to locate from the VM website)

My latest speed test results...

Date 12/05/07 23:21:25

Speed Down 415.75 Kbps ( 0.4 Mbps )

Speed Up 350.52 Kbps ( 0.3 Mbps )

and were meant to be on 10mb

I'm on 215k this morning. how hard can it be to sort this out? Come on Virgin!!!

mines getting worse yet again,acording to speedtest.net i can upload faster than i can download im now on 4meg but getting 388k, when i fone them they say if u can get ur propper speed from http://www.gamefiles.virginmedia.com them they wont do anything about it, i tried downloading service pack2 for xp re: big file and getting 35k a sec, crazy

I've just done a speed test and it came up at 7816k somethings. I don't understand these technicalities so don't know what speed I'm on.

It went off altogether last sunday as did the TV. An engineer came and said my modem wasn't giving enough power (I've had the same one for ages) and it took 3 brand new didital boxes before he found one to make the TV work.

He did something to the modem and the speed above is the result looking at one of the speed finding sites.

I know Telewest wasn't perfect but we never had any bother with it.

its all to do with virgin saving money,i never had this problem with telewest,thing is i hope virgin are reading these forums then they might do something about it, well lets hope ....

I've just done a speed test and it came up at 7816k somethings. I don't understand these technicalities so don't know what speed I'm on.

It went off altogether last sunday as did the TV. An engineer came and said my modem wasn't giving enough power (I've had the same one for ages) and it took 3 brand new didital boxes before he found one to make the TV work.

He did something to the modem and the speed above is the result looking at one of the speed finding sites.

I know Telewest wasn't perfect but we never had any bother with it.

7816k is approx 8mb (just under)