Virgin media bb speed

PS they are also a number of reports of the download speeds being low in a few places today.

just got to hang with it for a while

My broadband speed has been noticably slower since Virgin Media took over from Blueyonder. It practically happened overnight. On top of that my connection cuts offs several times a night.

When I move house no way am I going with Virgin again. Service has been nothing but crap since they took over a perfectly good ISP.

I tried to call virgin about it... eventually got some call centre in India who I could barely understand.... he said because I was a telewest customer I had to be put through to another number... got put on hold for a few more minutes then listened to instructions on how to reset your TV box... then got a line with no on-hold music, no message saying they'd be with me in a moment... I listened for a few minutes then hung up - how do I know if I'd ever get my call answered?

Absolutely rubbish. I'm going to email them instead... I'm not happy at all and still on around 255kps... going to sign whatever I need to at watchdog. :rant:

People are quoting up to six days before they recieve a reply

i have phoned up and threatened to leave them i am now paying £46 a month for 10Mb broadband Large TV package with 2 boxes and talk unlimited on the phone... all this was done through the sheffield call centre they seem to be the best ones to talk too also i have had my first bill dropped down form £180 down to £61 as i told them i never had this problem with sky and bt

45000 subscribers have left Virgin this last quarter

I checked my connection before I left home this morning and I was getting the full 4mb. Its obviously a peak time issue.

Can someone please tell me how you go about checking your broadband speed? I am with virgin and am supposed to be getting 10mg. Not really had any problems but recently doubled speed and haven't really noticed a difference.

I checked my connection before I left home this morning and I was getting the full 4mb. Its obviously a peak time issue.

I'm getting the same on my 10mb connection - full speed in the morning & afternoon and down to 2 or 3mb evenings and that's without reaching the "download limit" .........

:huh::(:gag:

According to a broadband speed test I just did my 4meg connection is actually just slightly better than a 128k ISDN line...

According to a broadband speed test I just did my 4meg connection is actually just slightly better than a 128k ISDN line...

Same here as well mate - apart from I'm 'supposedly' on 10mb tonight but we are barely hitting 512kb speed tonight.. its pathetic and I will be asking for my cash back.

45000 subscribers have left Virgin this last quarter

That's kind of a meaningless statement.... Is that the normal turnover? Is it more than normal? Less than normal? Due to BB or TV issues? Did their customer base still increase?

That's a drop of 45000+ subscribers not churn a reduction in their subscribers. Who knows the reasons, at a guess from looking in the support groups the loss of Sky one, sky news and sky sports news was a big factor (seing as Sky had a larger than expected increase in subsribers for the same period) along with the un competitive phone packages and the over priced cable Internet.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6638013.stm

Cable is more expensive than DSL options because its not supposed to be affected or limited by number of people on in your area or server etc, that is/was 'the thing' with cable.... but that doesnt seem to be a point any more, i'd sooner have BT's "up to 8mb" and get a reliable 6/7mb, than Virgins "10mb" and only getting an unreliable 2mb