Memories Of Wybourn School.

I was talking to Roy last week pal of mine I live on maltravers rd near whites lane

Anybody remember Maureen Pratt?

(posted on behalf of a friend)

I went to St, John with Maureen.

I went to St, John with Maureen.

Have you any idea what happened to her?

The lady I'm asking for used to work with Maureen at some stage in her life and probably knew her in childhood. She believes that when she last met Maureen she was living in the Norfolk Park/Granville Road area. When that was exactly I've been unable to establish because her memory isn't what it was. I'm just trying to help her to build on the memories she has.

Have you any idea what happened to her?

The lady I'm asking for used to work with Maureen at some stage in her life and probably knew her in childhood. She believes that when she last met Maureen she was living in the Norfolk Park/Granville Road area. When that was exactly I've been unable to establish because her memory isn't what it was. I'm just trying to help her to build on the memories she has.

Sorry i,m not able to help as it was over fifty years since i last saw her.I,m sure someone on the forum will be able to help. Good luck with your search.

Sorry i,m not able to help as it was over fifty years since i last saw her.I,m sure someone on the forum will be able to help. Good luck with your search.

No problem. Thank you very much

Does anyone remember me from Wybourn secondary school 1955 to1962 when I left to join the Army 

Try looking at the threads for J Stead and Co because many names crop up there - also known as Balfour-Darwin Tool Division

I worked there in the Production Control  Dept  1959-Feb 1963 (with Ray Walker who was Assistant Works Manager) and many of the employees at the time may fit into your search - however the girls names will be there maiden names at the time

Joyce Jubb and at least 2 no of her sisters worked in the grinding department

Biily Foulston head guy on the loading bay and readying shipping crates

Elijah ??? worked in the scouring dept

Pauline ?? worked in the finished goods store 

Nellie ??? in charge of the packaging dept

Ivy Tandy (married to Bill Tandy) production control dept

Sylvia Maskery (married to Terry Cheetham) production control dept

Marples girls and their young brother - various departments

Adrian ??? Preskey

Many others but from areas outside of Wybourn - such as Manor, Darnall, Attercluffe, Mnor Park etc and much older than the time you are looking at

I will come back on this if I remember any more

Best Wishes and Good Luck (Bon Chance) in your quest

Victor Marshall Hutchinson - (now 79.1/2) - Swallownest at the time, then in 1967 to Driffield  (near Bridlington,) then to Malaysia from late 2006 - my current residential location 70% and Dubai 25%

Just remembered there was a girl working in the packing dept by the name of Maw, but I have no idea of her first name - but she was certainly from the Wybourn. In 1959/1963 she would probably be late teens - nice looking with dark hair - always seemed to be a bit upmarket to most of the others

Can visualise her face now, plus all of the others I have mentioned, but after 57 years some names, of complete names currently do not come into my mind

I married a girl from Steads in July 1963, name of Margaret Turner, but from Beaumont Way, Manor PPark and I know she did not attend Wyboune School - cannot ask her re any names because I have been divorced from her since 1982 and very happily married since that episode in my life

She was very well known there and anyone you come across from those years at Steads will certainly know her - blonde girl who worked in the file grinding department - 1958 to June 1963

Best Wishes - Victor