Construction work in Sheffield

seems that the jobs in construction hav died a death ,Ihave been a bricklayer for 27 years but i dont seem to be able to find a job,

WONDER WHY ?

mmmmmmmmmm i wonder

If you are looking for a job how about posting in the jobs section?

Sooner or later though the construction in Sheffield had to come to an end.

At some point the new appartments that are cropping up all over the place will remain unsold and empty.

:confused: Is it just me that sees the construction projects (90% flats/offices!) everywhere and wonders what the hell the OP is on about?!

:confused: Is it just me that sees the construction projects (90% flats/offices!) everywhere and wonders what the hell the OP is on about?!

Most of the new developments are made from concrete so bricklayers, like the OP, aren't really required.

And I doubt the large construction companies employ local labour anyway, - they're usually gangs of sub-contrators who move around to where the work is.

Considering that there are 18 trillion building projects currently going on in Sheff, I should think that its not the lack of opportunities that is holding you back.

You could try Yosser Hughes old tactics.

velocity villages tentor street are always looking for workers or velocity towers at bottom of the moor behind tax office i work for the company on both those sites and were always looking for more gangs to help out

there are a lot of cheap labour around at the min and the big companies are loving it...

they are asking the uk builders to drop there prices to compete... mmm bet that went down well.

the average price of a skin to a new build can be done by a polish gang for a third of the price...

simple maths ...

drop your rate or you will have no work ,

i hear the same story from all the trades at the min, there just dont not seem to be the quantity of work around that there was in the last few years.

polish are all over the sites we work under they are a good source of labour for us even though the polish government are calling for most polish builders to go back to poland for the games i believe the polish would rather work here!

so the big man at the top has dropped his prices ,not a chance,just a bigger

earner 4 him (cheap labour):rant: