3 year old Madeleine McCann allegedly abducted in Portugal

It has been on the news today about the three year-old English girl, apparently abducted from an apartment in Portugal, where she was staying with her parents and younger siblings.

God knows what her family must be going through right now and I sympathise with them.

But, you've got to ask the question, what the hell were her parents thinking of leaving her and the other (younger) children in the room, whilst they were visiting a restaurant (albeit 200yds) down the road?

It's reported that they returned to check on them every half an hour or so.

I'm sorry, I don't care if they came back every five minutes. I find their behaviour totally irresponsible.

It has been on the news today about the three year-old English girl, apparently abducted from an apartment in Portugal, where she was staying with her parents and younger siblings.

God knows what her family must be going through right now and I sympathise with them.

But, you've got to ask the question, what the hell were her parents thinking of leaving her and the other (younger) children in the room, whilst they were visiting a restaurant (albeit 200yds) down the road?

I'm sorry, I don't care if they came back every five minutes. I find their behaviour totally irresponsible.

Me too I'm afraid :(

It must be terrible for the parents but NO WAY HO-SAY would I go to a restaurant a few hundred yards away and leave them alone in a Hotel Room .....Anything could happen, as it has proved by this case here ......:(

Whilst they have my sympathies and my thoughts are with them, why the HELL did they leave their 3 children ALONE in an apartment?????

Surely it occurred to them that something might happen? What if there had been a fire? or a number of other horrible things???

Quote from BBC website:

"They're a devoted family and love their children to bits. They live for their children."

If they live for their children, the the ********** did they leave them alone!?!?!?!?!?

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

I really hope she turns up safe but I guess these days there's not much chance of that!

Her parents are probably feeling really bad about this but how can you leave a child alone while you go out for a meal, no matter how often you check on them or how near they are!

I'm sorry, I don't care if they came back every five minutes. I find their

behaviour totally irresponsible.

very selfish and irresponsible I agree, sadly a few cases like this having been reported

This is awful. Lets hope they get her back safely.

Yes, i've got to agree. It must make them feel ten times worse knowing that is precisely what most people will be thinking too. Hope the little girl is found safe and well soon.

I don't think now is the time to apportion blame or play judge on the parents' actions.

Any mother and father will tell you it is impossible to watch your child's every move, 24/7.

My heart goes out to the parents and I pray that this little girl is returned to her parents swiftly and unharmed.

and these are supposed to be intelligent people doctors

what can you say there just numbties they should be prosecuted

I don't think now is the time to apportion blame or play judge on the parents' actions.

Any mother and father will tell you it is impossible to watch your child's every move, 24/7.

Yes but there is a line between not being able to watch them 24/7 and leaving them alone to go to a restaurant.

My heart goes out to the parents and I pray that this little girl is returned to her parents swiftly and unharmed.

Being a Father myself, I know full well that it's impossible to watch your child's move 24/7.

However, you can substantially shorten the odds of anything horrific like this happening, by taking them out with you for a family meal.

yes but how many of these resorts offer 'baby listening services'? Where parents leave children in the hotel room sleeping unattended with just a baby monitor being manned in an office and disappear for dinner!