Anyone from Gleadless?

Footie with whoever was there at bottom of Gleadless Rd/Leighton Rd, braving the outer side of the railings on the bridge on Blackstock Rd, hiding in the 'haunted' barn in Lees Hall farm, dodging the Goblins in Rollestone Wood after dark, braving the tunnel under Blackstock Rd from Plowright Dv and most important of all, staying until after dark in the wooded area between Spotswood Rd and Plowright Mt. 1961 rules.......ok!!!:)

Anyone remember the sunday afternoon footie games on the grass just above and opposite the far lees, all the locals used to come and play, we would also play opposite the middle hay view maisonnettes across leighton, the garages opposite the wyvern and before they altered gleadless road at the bottom where the grass meets the buck wood, this was long before they built buckwood view or the wmc, we would also play up on ashleigh as well with the smell of the pig farm blowing acroos the playing fields.

anyone remember the hinchcliffe's from middle hay place there was quite a few of us, kevin, barry, ian, paul, anthony, jonathan & shaun. ?

We bought the house of Shaun Hinchcliffe at the end of the place,we loved it there and wanted to stay for ever but a nut case family who lived just below us made our and every body else's life a misery the mother was always drunk and the young lad was a bloody nuisance so in the end we decided we had to move, a lot of our neighbors moved as well it should have been them that were chucked out but as usual the council did nothing.

Cleary's still live at the first patio still and the Dodds still at the bottom one. Only Fords I remember were stephen Ford. He lived in tower house down at the bottom. Do you remember the Gooden's? And the Carnalls?

was that george and irean carnall by any chance ???

i see robert and keith gooden quite regular,also michael boyce.

Haven't seen Keith (gooden) for a year or so but still a smashing fella. See Toni (Carnell) regularly- sister called Stevie and brother called Kieran, I'm sure that's who you must have meant with the location. Haven't been on here for ages - must look more often. We had a mini reunion in 2007 in the Wyvern. Lord I think the pub is stuck in the 80's - brought back lots of memories. Beamish (Chris) organised it and I don't think anyone really thanked him. Chris if you're on here at all - "Thanks" :)

Haven't seen Keith (gooden) for a year or so but still a smashing fella. See Toni (Carnell) regularly- sister called Stevie and brother called Kieran, I'm sure that's who you must have meant with the location. Haven't been on here for ages - must look more often. We had a mini reunion in 2007 in the Wyvern. Lord I think the pub is stuck in the 80's - brought back lots of memories. Beamish (Chris) organised it and I don't think anyone really thanked him. Chris if you're on here at all - "Thanks" :)

pm me with your name and i will tell him,he,s coming over on saturday.

was that george and irean carnall by any chance ???

no it was June and Wilf. Toni, Stevie and Kieran's mum and dad.

Potlegs,, the reunion was fab wasnt it. Chris still on here at times. do you have him on facebook? Me and Sean have him on ours. he is such a fab bloke. I dont really think the reunion would have happened without him. he is a star. dont know if you know but the Far Lees is being turned in to a shop!!! went past last night on way to mum and dads and it has the sign up now. i imagine it will be open very soon. hope you all well. love to all. xxxx

Potlegs and Sarah.

Thanks for the comments guy's but to be honest a lot of the re-union was down to Michael as he still see's quite a few of the people concerned. I just planted the seed of an idea.

With the re-union and the posts on here it's great to see how the 'old crew' still hold a fondness for the 'hood' and each other. Gotta do it again some time??????

Chris

Okay, we'll say it was down to you and Michael then :D I think it would be a smashing idea to have another reunion sometime- there are lots of people on here who love the old Valley. Sorry I don't do facebook - too many pretend drinks around - prefer a real drop or two :) and it's alltogether too 'busy' for me on there! You take care Chris until I next reunion. x

Okay, we'll say it was down to you and Michael then :D I think it would be a smashing idea to have another reunion sometime- there are lots of people on here who love the old Valley. Sorry I don't do facebook - too many pretend drinks around - prefer a real drop or two :) and it's alltogether too 'busy' for me on there! You take care Chris until I next reunion. x

Nice to read all the valley news , as an old resident of Gleadless it makes me sad that i had to move due to tosspots that the council put in there.

However reading the threads would it not be nice to have a valley day this summer, it could feature music and exhibitions all to do with history and life on the valley from the early 60,s to present day ,

How about the 4th of July. The venue?.

Hey thats great, we could organise a TOSS-POT shooting gallery see how many you can exterminate in five minutes!!!

I think that would be a super idea. Would take some organising though. Where do you reckon it could be based?