Anyone from Gleadless?

Weren't you in the same year as Neil Taylor?

I lived in Blackstock Drive from 1955 to 1981. When we first moved the nearest bus was at Graves Park and I used to walk there and back every day - not so bad during the summer but murder in the winter.

Used to enjoy going in the Bagshawe when it was a proper pub i.e. before Yates. Spent many happy hours in the Norton Oaks cricket pavilion drinking an excellent pint of Mansfield.

you most remmember cobbler joe lived on mawfa drank in the baggie and the cricket club had some brill times in there like you say when it was a pub

I remember Cobbler Joe from Mawfa. He was a regular in the Baggy and he used to do my dad's and my shoes. He was a character.

I remember a Kay or Kaye Bunting.

I grew up in the tower houses on Overend Way next door to Kay and Andrea Bunting. Their dad was called Henry, but I can't remember their mums name. Both girls were older than me though.

Just stumbled on this thread saw the reference to the Haywoods a while back. Anyone know what happened to Jackie with the striking red hair?

i remember craig in his wheel chair down leighton road he was faster than the cars

craig used to go out with michelle crooks i used to hang round with her when we lived on adastrel ave there was about 10 of us of there and used to play on norton in hangers and that some good memorys really

I was in the same year as them all. Lee lived around the corner from me on Adastral Avenue. Terry lived on Blackstock Road and Tim lived on Blackstock Crescent and I think Brett lived on the Herdings.

Where did you live catherine and do you remember me i used to love living in that area as a kid top days lol the aerodrome was the biggest back garden ever ha ha .xx

hi i lived on morland close till 1975 the name is glenn tomlinson also went to gleadless vally school

Does anyone remember the accident on Gaunt road with the railings and the little lad in '87 ???

I lived there from 1958 till 1983 remember a lot of what as allready been said. I lived on Gaunt Close behind 'the Gaunt' went to Hemsworth Infant and junior school then Rowlinson. Be nice to see the real names of people posting so that we can recognise you. I am Jarvo, lol, most people up there know me by that name. Who remembers the Valley Juniors?

I do - played left and right back on occasions. Did you play on the wing?

im 23 and my mum and dad still there now from the 60's family called oxley who started on spotswood and moved around to plowright, fleury and middle hay.....got told stories of old and plenty of em shame when i was growing up not as much football as mentioned jus got worse!!

Yeah Mark I had a Vespa 125 primervera model 1978. I bought it from the motorcycle shop that was close to the Vespa/Lambretta shop that was run by Guido.

We had a great time on the Scooters in circa 80/81. I was mainly hanging out with a group of scooter boys from the Manor Liam, Nial and a bunch of others really good guys .We set up "The Sheffield Scooter club" and would meet at the Brincliffe Arms in Nether Edge. Sometimes it would be a good meet with as many as 40-50 Scooters. It was a time when nothing was really organised and fragmented and a lot of Ego's. There was a couple of spinoffs from our group one was some guy from rotherham and another group of younger guys than us. We did the runs to Scarborough and skeggy and one or two other meets. Then in the autum of 81 I was involved in a crash on Blackstock Road. It was quite funny as I was travelling down B.R a car came out and ran into me. The number 43 bus was coming up blackstock road just above the gaunt pub direction Norton and Michael Belk ( Belkey) wa sitting in the front seat upstairs. He told me later that as the car hit me I was thrown into the air and for a moment he thought the momentum would take me through the front window of the bus. I guess we where all prone to a little exzageration. Never the less the scooter was a write off and so was I for a short while. But I got well and the scooter was sold for scrap.

Hows it going I remember you and the crash ! They were good times, Liam is having a do on Saturday the 5th of Feb at the Byron Nether edge me and a good few of the lads Joe Gary Steve etc will be going

Come down it sould be a good night

im Loll by the way