Anyone from Gleadless?

Yes could be the one ! - we had the picture taken in the hall and i remember it was more than one class . We all left after the exams in summer'78 . I was in Miss Rhodens (ex Wilson) class for final year.

Everyone called her Max Factor because of the amount of make up she wore!

I was in Mr Wainwrights class in the final year.

Hi. I was at Ashleigh 75 -81. lived just off Hollinsend Road/ Jaunty Lane.

Hi all,

John Surr, lived on Ironside Close from 57 till early 80's. Remember most of the names bandied around on here, used to go in most of the pubs on the Valley at one time or another.

Hi all,

John Surr, lived on Ironside Close from 57 till early 80's. Remember most of the names bandied around on here, used to go in most of the pubs on the Valley at one time or another.

Big motor biker, lived next door to the Beightons on one side and I think the Walkers on the other? Not far from Glen Gregory (not the Heaven 17 one), and Tim and Tessa Turner.

Good old days!

That's right Beighton's at 33, Dewey's at 35, us at 37, My cousins Glenn and Phil at 39, originally the Whites at 41 but they moved and were replaced by another family whose name escapes me. Still ride bikes to this day.

Edited by tullins2004

Hi all,

i remember the brussell on ironside mick and david I think

That's right Beighton's at 33, Dewey's at 35, us at 37, My cousins Glenn and Phil at 39, originally the Whites at 41 but they moved and were replaced by another family whose name escapes me. Still ride bikes to this day.

Was it John Dewey? Seem to remember that name.

---------- Post added 29-11-2017 at 18:26 ----------

i remember the brussell on ironside mick and david I think

and a sister called Christine?, same street as Stewart Marshall?

Yes John Dewey and his brother Mick, Paul and David Beighton and Julie White. Don't remember the Brussels.

Was it John Dewey? Seem to remember that name.

---------- Post added 29-11-2017 at 18:26 ----------

and a sister called Christine?, same street as Stewart Marshall?

oh yes forgot about Christine think she lived on gaunt road after she got married

Hi from 1970 to 96 we lived on gleadless vally landseer drive our name is slinn . Son victor daughter Nicola we had great neighbours , Ridley’s  Morton’s  bluffs  hinchcliffes  foye barnnes  Burgins   Fields  burnes  all great people .  I was hod carrier. Wife council  people with learning problems .  Neighbours would always help and if needed so would I .one morning in 1994 found we had bikes pinched from shed . Son vic had team bdike took . No one grassed on person who did it . I would never pinch off working class ever. But they do now don,t they I still have mates on vally . Ps found out much later who took bikes but had moved then . Best house I ever had and most great people. 

There is not better Council estate in England Slinny . Now spoilt by the council putting toss pots next to hard working class people who then up sticks and go else where , just as we did .

Those do gooders at the council will make sure that the nutters are kept well away from their door step .

The family that stole your  bikes are jail birds , stealing from working people we all know who they are .

Not sure what it's like now, we moved on there in 1958ish, so I would have been seven. We were given a brand new maisonette(with a balcony)on Gaunt rd, our back garden was fields, woods, a golf course, we spent hours looking for golf balls to sell on. The estate was still being built, no shortage of planks and nails for tree houses. Only drawback, no chippy for a good while, and not too many shops either, but there were mobile shops that came round.  Great place to grow up. I knew Philip Ridley off Lanseer we were mates all through school.