Anyone from Gleadless?

I have the same photo. I remember Geoff. If its the right person he lived in the little estate set back opposite the Sheffield and Heeley pub. Also a guy named, I think, Swindell??!! lived just before the shops. Seen the Far Lees what a mess!! Used to go in quite a bit. Never liked the Blackstock and never really used the Horse and Groom or the John O Gaunt

I have the same photo. I remember Geoff. If its the right person he lived in the little estate set back opposite the Sheffield and Heeley pub. Also a guy named, I think, Swindell??!! lived just before the shops. Seen the Far Lees what a mess!! Used to go in quite a bit. Never liked the Blackstock and never really used the Horse and Groom or the John O Gaunt

It's the right person, his dad was a bookie, so better off than us on the estate.The last time I heard anything about him was from my mother ages ago, she said she had seen him on TV on Mr and Mrs, Oh dear.Freddie Swindell ?On an earlier post you said Keith Gregory,I knew Paul Gregory.Never used the pubs on the estate, used to drink in town.Apart from The Nailmakers,we used to go in on Monday night for the disco 69/70.My mother has the photo,so apart from Glenn, Lawrence and maybe Pete Knutton I can't remember who else is on it

You're right Paul Gregory, lived in the upside down houses opposite Dave Rodgers on Blackstock Road. Yeah Freddie Swindell well done, really small and slight from what I remember. There are 13 in the photo and I can name all but 3 of them, one of them if I recall correctly went to work in Manchester. Mr & Mrs BEAM ME UP!!!

You're right Paul Gregory, lived in the upside down houses opposite Dave Rodgers on Blackstock Road. Yeah Freddie Swindell well done, really small and slight from what I remember. There are 13 in the photo and I can name all but 3 of them, one of them if I recall correctly went to work in Manchester. Mr & Mrs BEAM ME UP!!!

Here's a thought, if Geoff would have been brought up on our estate there's no way he would have been on Mr and Mrs, so it's his parents fault.What do you reckon?Yes that was Freddie he had black curly hair,always had a too big satchel on his back,were you there when he was hung on the coat pegs by it? I need to get that photo I can't remember so many being on it

Yeah reckon he wouldn't have you can always blame the parents! I remember that with Freddie, yes I saw it. When you get the photo the three I can't remember the names of are, the guy stood up sixth from the left with the glasses and the two guys on the extreme left on the floor. The rest of them I know, the guy who went to work in Manchester is stood up on the extreme left. If you can't get the photo I might be able to get it to you in some way. Not sure if we can post photos on this portal.

anyone got a 1978 GVSS final year leaving pic ?

?

Yeah reckon he wouldn't have you can always blame the parents! I remember that with Freddie, yes I saw it. When you get the photo the three I can't remember the names of are, the guy stood up sixth from the left with the glasses and the two guys on the extreme left on the floor. The rest of them I know, the guy who went to work in Manchester is stood up on the extreme left. If you can't get the photo I might be able to get it to you in some way. Not sure if we can post photos on this portal.

Guy with glasses,David Gill [Gilly]?. Few more names Melvin Taylor,Derek Morton,Alan Froggett and Elaine Percill. I was really good friends with her, she was special.She was friends with Carol Grubb and Lorriane Askam,Can't remember her boyfriends name, but him,the girls, Paul Hancock and myself used to meet at Lorraine's block of flats then go up to the youth club on the Herdings.Did you go? The guy who went to live in Manchester is me,I went in 1970 for work reasons, I' still live there.I'll try to get the photo sent over next week, Will be interested to see who's on it

Edited by windswept

Lorraine Askham :love::love:

Wasn't there a Lorraine Transfield who was just as lovely?!!

Lorraine Askham :love::love:

Wasn't there a Lorraine Transfield who was just as lovely?!!

Yes there was, absolute stunner long dark hair lived on the Herding's.See my original post on page 41

Glad you remember the names, and I recognize all of them now you said them. Liked Alan Frogatt, knocked around with him a little bit and saw him later after we left school.Carol Grubb I used to fancy, her uncle lived on the same block as me and she used to visit him. Went a couple of times to the youth club at Herdings but not much. Elaine Percils boyfriend was I believe Eric Pashley and I believe they were married. Pretty much knew it was you and I know the name. Obviously you know I am on the photo also. Don't live in Sheffield, not since 1992. Left Uk in 1973, back in 1975. Now in New Forest, Hampshire.See someone else thought Lorraine Transfield was a stunner. Too right!!!

Glad you remember the names, and I recognize all of them now you said them. Liked Alan Frogatt, knocked around with him a little bit and saw him later after we left school.Carol Grubb I used to fancy, her uncle lived on the same block as me and she used to visit him. Went a couple of times to the youth club at Herdings but not much. Elaine Percils boyfriend was I believe Eric Pashley and I believe they were married. Pretty much knew it was you and I know the name. Obviously you know I am on the photo also. Don't live in Sheffield, not since 1992. Left Uk in 1973, back in 1975. Now in New Forest, Hampshire.See someone else thought Lorraine Transfield was a stunner. Too right!!!

I have'nt seen the photo yet,they were just some other names I remember.Eric wasn't Elaine's boyfriend when I was seeing Carol 67/68,It was somebody not from the estate.It was Carol's brother not uncle either Barry or Brian,we used to babysit sometimes,Eric was going out with Pat Cheetham when I knocked around with him,he must have married Elaine late 60ts.Lorraine Transfield and me never officially finished we just like drifted apart and I started seeing Carol,so in theory we are still going out , anybody seen her? Yeah on the photo but I still don't know who you are. Just a matter of elimination.Nice place to live did work take you there?.

Edited by windswept

Seems like I didn't take as much notice as yourself, you got it all down to a T in the old memory bank!I am close with things but not on the button! Could've sworn Eric married Elaine though, maybe not, oh well live and learn.

Yes my name and yours have been mentioned. You're so much on the ball with the school memories I am surprised you aint sussed it.

---------- Post added 31-01-2017 at 10:48 ----------

Windswept, are you on Linkedin?