Anyone from Gleadless?

I remember Mr Mallaband think he was head we had a female teacher can't remember her name but it started with Mrs :D she would regularly have a melt down in class sobbing and screaming at us to behave she looked a bit like Maggie Thatcher same hair do.

You mention the Tip Playman, what a terrible thing to put right next to a school and in doing so, the council destroyed what could have remained a nice little meadow by the brook.

I grew up near blackstock road tip, in the 60s and70s, and although we could hear the bin lorries very clearly, I don't recall ever smelling anything unpleasant from it, even in the height of summer.

Your memory isn't that good Potlegs. It was Mr Goldstone with the handlebar moustache. Schofield was the spectacled stocky bloke who liked to dish out the corporal punishment.

Chris

---------- Post added 06-06-2014 at 12:44 ----------

As far as the 'tip' is concerned, I used to love going down there. It was a constant source of pram wheels for the frenetic trolley-building during the summer months, or large pieces of cardboard for the grass slides.

Chris

Edited by Beamish

hi anyone know Gary Mark Neville and David Crossley, lived on Blackstock Close, would love to know if they still live in the area Thanks Penny.

I lived on Selly Oak Grove Around the time between 1963 and 1970, give a couple of years.

---------- Post added 09-06-2014 at 20:15 ----------

No, sorry. I mean Ironside walk.

I lived on Selly Oak Grove Around the time between 1963 and 1970, give a couple of years.

---------- Post added 09-06-2014 at 20:15 ----------

No, sorry. I mean Ironside walk.

Selly oak Grove wasn't built in 1963.

anyone remember Pat Catherine and Robert Sides, lived in the maisonettes across from the Horse and Groom.

Your memory isn't that good Potlegs. It was Mr Goldstone with the handlebar moustache. Schofield was the spectacled stocky bloke who liked to dish out the corporal punishment.

Chris

---------- Post added 06-06-2014 at 12:44 ----------

As far as the 'tip' is concerned, I used to love going down there. It was a constant source of pram wheels for the frenetic trolley-building during the summer months, or large pieces of cardboard for the grass slides.

Chris

'Scoffy' used to call you a pob and hit you with the board ruler at the front of the class.

---------- Post added 11-06-2014 at 16:34 ----------

I remember Mr Mallaband think he was head we had a female teacher can't remember her name but it started with Mrs :D she would regularly have a melt down in class sobbing and screaming at us to behave she looked a bit like Maggie Thatcher same hair do.

Female teachers, as I remember, were Mrs Barrett, Mrs Young and one serious bad ass on the ground floor called......................nope can't remember!!

The serious bad-ass on the ground floor, who classroom looked out onto the playground, could have been Mrs Moore. She wore a big ring that she used to jab into the middle of your back. Was that the one Richard?

Chris

'

Female teachers, as I remember, were Mrs Barrett, Mrs Young and one serious bad ass on the ground floor called......................nope can't remember!!

It could have been Mrs Barrett.

'Scoffy' used to call you a pob and hit you with the board ruler at the front of the class.

---------- Post added 11-06-2014 at 16:34 ----------

Mrs Moore!!!!!

anyone remember Pat Catherine and Robert Sides, lived in the maisonettes across from the Horse and Groom.

Cannot recall any maisonettes from the bottom of spotswood road up past the groom at all, do not remember any maisonettes on that side of the valley.

Only pubs opposite maisonettes were the blackstock and the wyvern.

The only thing opposite the groom are woodland and the recycling site.