Anyone from Gleadless?

they have to be some one in this forum who was living in gleadless valley from 1962 to 1970 :D

i lived in gleadless valley on middle hay view from 1963 to 1974

Just stumbled on this thread saw the reference to the Haywoods a while back. Anyone know what happened to Jackie with the striking red hair?

im friends on face book wi pop and gary

...is there a Facebook link to all ex GValley school pupils ect - i was there 74'-78' when GV was THE place to live ! - FACT

Even Keith Edwards (Utd superstar at the time!) used to pull in to the John'O'Gaunt - bus terminus , to collect his daily newspaper on his way down to the Lane from Norton! - would anyone dare pull up there now , even if they broke down ?!

I also used to get off the bus at the school , then cross the road , and often see Tony Christie in his Rolls ,with reg TON10 . !

The great Lings fair opposite the Water Tower up to the 80's !

Many happy memories of what was a superb estate ! - shame they are 30+ years ago .

Edited by bracken

Hi, I lived in Gleadless Valley between 1963 (moved from Hillsborough when I wa a couple of months old) until 1983. Middle Hay View- it used to be a great place to live- just across the road from the woods, inbetween the Far Lees and Wyvern pubs. Such a dump now.

hi i lived at 96 middle hay view

Chris Wright is now a lecturer at Chesterfield College, i know this because i'm one of his students:)

Yes he is and lives up at Fulwood/Lodge Moore area now I think?

...is there a Facebook link to all ex GValley school pupils ect - i was there 74'-78' when GV was THE place to live ! - FACT

Even Keith Edwards (Utd superstar at the time!) used to pull in to the John'O'Gaunt - bus terminus , to collect his daily newspaper on his way down to the Lane from Norton! - would anyone dare pull up there now , even if they broke down ?!

I also used to get off the bus at the school , then cross the road , and often see Tony Christie in his Rolls ,with reg TON10 . !

The great Lings fair opposite the Water Tower up to the 80's !

Many happy memories of what was a superb estate ! - shame they are 30+ years ago .

I used to virtually live at that fair ground in the school holidays!

That makes two of us :D

Hello

If the '56' part of your name relects your birthdate you may have been at Rollestone with me.

My mates were Gary Marshall Daryl Hartley Melvyn France etc

I'm a Spotswood Close boy and proud of it

Hello

If the '56' part of your name relects your birthdate you may have been at Rollestone with me.

spotswood place boy me many moons ago :thumbsup:

Hello

I remember Mel France very well he's a bit older than me but he hung around with my brother.The name Gary Marshall rings a bell too.

Once won a goldfish from Lings that lasted for years (unlike the half hour they usually did). The whole of the family were stunned.