Anyone from Gleadless?

this isnt mr parkin isit ? of the moped fame lol.

Only the very same - so you remember the moped then, everybody taking turns on it on the fields beyond the tip. They would have us all shot these days for doing such a thing :hihi:

Hi my name is Mark Todd i lived on blackstock on the other side of the road

first set of terrace houses and do remmeber your aunty Andrea

i will ask her tomorrow when i see her.

Seen Andrea today and she remembers you Mark.

Nice to hear that tell her i live that side of town know

I've remembered the surname of the Mick I was thinking of - Mick Dawn

Also known as Boiler for some reason ? he had a sister can't remember her name maybe Sharon ? thier mum was Eunice.

Edited by *Wallace*

yes john was one of the older ones,lived on valley all my life,grew up with sullivans,rodgers,lamberts,marlows,belks,fletchers,oates and many more who are still around

I remember John had a sister called Jean I think, and I remember Sharon Fletcher, if she is one of the Fletchers you mentioned, she lived in that area. The Marlows lived up on Blackstock as you go up to the John O' Gaunt from the Horse and Groom.

Also known as Boiler for some reason ? he had a sister can't remember her name maybe Sharon ? thier mum was Eunice.

I thought i had updated this must have dreamt it,Mick Dawn "Boiler" his sister was June Dawn not Sharon as i thought.

My mum is Lynn Bunting x

I remember a Kay or Kaye Bunting.

I grew up at Gleadless Townend and still live in the area. My mum was a dinner lady at Herdings infant school back in the 70's.

Bet you know my brother , Lee rodgers , we both went to valley i was few yrs younger than him , but i was at valley as lee was in his last year , i reckon you will know the name hogg, rhodes , wade ect i think they was some lads in his year .

I was in the same year as them all. Lee lived around the corner from me on Adastral Avenue. Terry lived on Blackstock Road and Tim lived on Blackstock Crescent and I think Brett lived on the Herdings.

I lived on Middle Hay View and we often used the grass across road from the Far Lees. We also played football on Fleury Crescent grassed area and also garages. We moved onto Middle Hay View in 63, and it was just a football mad area. I know there were 3 who played for Sheffield boys who came off Middle Hay View. 1 FROM Middle Hay close played for Sheffield boys, and 2 played for England boys who came off Fleury Crescent. This doesn't include many others who played for their Schools like Rollestone, Herdings and Ashleigh. We had some good times and kickabouts could be very competitive.

Still live here but don't see so many playing football these days.

Anyone remember the sunday afternoon footie games on the grass just above and opposite the far lees, all the locals used to come and play, we would also play opposite the middle hay view maisonnettes across leighton, the garages opposite the wyvern and before they altered gleadless road at the bottom where the grass meets the buck wood, this was long before they built buckwood view or the wmc, we would also play up on ashleigh as well with the smell of the pig farm blowing acroos the playing fields.

anyone remember the hinchcliffe's from middle hay place there was quite a few of us, kevin, barry, ian, paul, anthony, jonathan & shaun. ?

i lived on ironside rd and went to hemsworth school my name is wayne crothers