Anyone from Gleadless?

I used to hang around with the Negatives, I even DJ'd for them once when they played the KGB (old Abbeydale cinema) and the DJ for the night was late, so I stood in for him!

I seem to remember Laurie's husband dying on a football pitch, or am I getting mixed up with someone else? I am glad she has found someone else, I only ever knew her briefly when I was about 13 years old, so you can tell how good looking she was if I still remember her!!!!

Mick didnt die on a football pitch, he passed away in hospital with Laurie by his side, such a tragic waste. Laurie gave me Micks wallet which I will always keep.

So I have not lived in the uk for 26 years.I googled the name of the first girl I had a crush on ,Laurie Moyses,and was led to this thread.It is a relief to know she was as attractive as I thought and not a figment of my ageing memory !

Does anyone remember a Ricky Answer :huh:....used to live in on Middle Hay? What happened to him....I wonder? :huh:

Does anyone remember a Ricky Answer :huh:....used to live in on Middle Hay? What happened to him....I wonder? :huh:

He lives in Brinsworth with Paul Shanes (Hi De Hi) daughter I sit with his Dad in the pub.

I remember Ricky, nice kid. We were mates at Bankwood as I recall. He used to live on the same block as Jane Tomlinson and Andrea Gosling didn't he?

Chris

I was at Valley '92-'94 (I think, lol) and then they closed it in '95 - without a doubt best school I ever went to.

best school i ever went too closed down the year before my exams had too finish off at Newfield, sound only had a fight off the week before lol

He lives in Brinsworth with Paul Shanes (Hi De Hi) daughter I sit with his Dad in the pub.

Thanks Lazarus :thumbsup: .......nice to hear he's still in the city and not 'emigrated' down south! :gag:

I lived on Landseer Walk from 1958 to 1979. Can anyone remember the name of the mobile shop that used to go down Constable Road ?

I lived on Landseer Walk from 1958 to 1979. Can anyone remember the name of the mobile shop that used to go down Constable Road ?

The only one I can remember is Johns he had two vans 1 was a red single decker bus type and the other a smaller van, I only know because it was my brother that used to drive for him, that was in 60s

There was the Blue van it looked like an old removel van and i think they called him Mr bagshaw that drove it

Think he was just called Mr. Shaw? Used to sell single fags and matches!

The first mobile van was owned and driven by a Mr Humphries, I think his son owns a newsagents just up near the Hallamshire Hospital.

Mr Humphries had a hut built up on Morland Rd in the early sixties while the top end of the valley was being built, it was a Newsagents but as now he sold snacks, milk,fags and so forth. He did try to get permission to build a proper shop near where he parked his van on Leighton Rd but the council refused, they wanted us to walk on to Newfield Green and use those shops.