Anyone from Gleadless?

I went to school in Gleadless Valley, 1987-1992.

Crap school, sorry Dirk.

I was at Valley '92-'94 (I think, lol) and then they closed it in '95 - without a doubt best school I ever went to.

Plowright Drive...1961 - 1970 (ish)

Remember;

Batty family (junction of Blackstock Rd and Plowright Drive), Steve Sorby, Peter Reaney, Steven Neily(sp?), Jolly family, Philip Slack, Peter Keen ..... the greenery, beautiful woodland, Graves Park, the clean litter-free streams.

Heaven to a kid like me.

Went to Herdings Primary...lovely walk there and back through Rollestone Woods, Gleadless Valley Sec Mod...another walk there and back through Lees Hall Woods,...and Central Tech.

VERY happy days indeed.:clap:

Originally posted by markham

Plowright Drive...1961 - 1970 (ish)

Remember; Batty family (junction of Blackstock Rd and Plowright Drive), Steve Sorby, Peter Reaney, Steven Neily(sp?), Jolly family, Philip Slack, ..... the greenery, beautiful woodland, Graves Park, the clean litter-free streams.

Heaven to a kid like me.

Went to Herdings Primary...lovely walk there and back through Rollestone Woods, Gleadless Valley Sec Mod...another walk there and back through Lees Hall Woods,...and Central Tech.

VERY happy days indeed.:clap:

I also remember (names only, not faces)Philip Slack and Peter Reaney, I think they were in my year at Gleadless S.M.

My form teacher at school was called Hilary.G.Pearson,her handwriting was beautiful, isn't it funny the things you remember ?

I lived round the corner from The Jolly's, and used to pal around with their daughter but I can't think of her first name.!!!!

Anyone on or near Spotswood Close 80-86, close to the Wyvern pub?

Originally posted by twinky1

I lived round the corner from The Jolly's, and used to pal around with their daughter but I can't think of her first name.!!!!

Christine Jolly if my memory serves me well?

Originally posted by markham

Batty family (junction of Blackstock Rd and Plowright Drive), Steve Sorby, Peter Reaney, Steven Neily(sp?), Jolly family, Philip Slack, Peter Keen .....

Correction to the above quote by me......

The Batty family lived next door to us (had hots for Lynn!!), and the Drabbles lived at junction of Plowright Drive/Blackstock Road.

Thanks Markham, your memory is spot on it is Christine.

I lived next door to the Drabble's, Michael,Lawrence and Paul, Taggs ice cream van used to pull up outside their house and it was the best I ever tasted.

Originally posted by Modesty

Anyone on or near Spotswood Close 80-86, close to the Wyvern pub?

I lives across the Road on Middle Hay Close but that was in the early sixties.

We lived on middle hay place and played football on the garages opposite the wyvern pub, some of the names we knocked about with were phil booker ( bucket ) stephen wood ( spud ) the anderson twins, the woods from the maisonettes the garages were under, tony slack ( tackman) the ords, websters, endersby, just a few off the top of my head most of them went to hurlfield school, we went to st pauls, the place seems so much smaller now but the memories are still large.

Originally posted by playman

We lived on middle hay place and played football on the garages opposite the wyvern pub, some of the names we knocked about with were phil booker ( bucket ) stephen wood ( spud ) the anderson twins, the woods from the maisonettes the garages were under, tony slack ( tackman) the ords, websters, endersby, just a few off the top of my head most of them went to hurlfield school, we went to st pauls, the place seems so much smaller now but the memories are still large.

What year was that Playman?

I can remember a family called Wood who lived above us in the maisonettes, they used to throw anything from nappies to televisions over the landing, we lived at the side of a family called Dunkley and in the next block I had a boyfriend for a couple of days called Keith Sykes, I think I fancied his brother(I Was only 11 at the time)

Originally posted by twinky1

Thanks Markham, your memory is spot on it is Christine.

I lived next door to the Drabble's, Michael,Lawrence and Paul, Taggs ice cream van used to pull up outside their house and it was the best I ever tasted.

oh, twinky,

Taggy's ice cream was just heaven!

whether in a cone, or a "sandwich" (i loved the chocolate, and the jam wafers that you could get for ice-cream sandwiches, it was sheer bliss.

Taggy's was the only ice cream my mother would eat.

I remember their depot was near anns road school, somewhere between gleadless road and richards road.

PT