Anyone from Gleadless?

I know John parr, he still goes drinking in the heeley and Sheffield last time i knew, some of you might know my dad, Banger (Gary Barber) and his missus Joanne Harrop they both went to Valley.

I knew Banger, he used to live over the road from Herdings Park, he was in the same year as Hoppy, Muggy, Eddie, Barney and Dingo I think?

Yes thats kew Cresent your on about my nanan she still lives in the same house now with my dads younger brother Paul Barber, right at the bottom the old army houses.

Hi Jo

Long time no........ well you know how it goes. You'll know who I am from our Gaz & Sharon. Small world and gettin smaller. See you on the 22nd maybe.

Later

Chris

hi, im living at gleedless but not finding it a great place to live . what are your views?

any one interesting in a drinking partner for the odd night at townend or vallry?

Beamish, status says online so have logged on, who are the 20 or so then? Go on give us a clue:) Hope it's a lovely night and maybe we can sit outside the pub - I still smoke but hate really smoky pubs. I managed to let Toni know it's been put forwards. My 'to do' list is getting gradually smaller! Later.

i know im taking a stab in the dark here but its worth a shot, does any1 know a woman called jane underwood, she lived on ironside road roundabout the early 90's, would be greatful of any info.

i know im taking a stab in the dark here but its worth a shot, does any1 know a woman called jane underwood, she lived on ironside road roundabout the early 90's, would be greatful of any info.

ironside road roundabout? :hihi: :hihi:

anyone remember micheal brussel lived on ironside

i take the childish comments as a no then, thank you very much

Hello all. I have just found this web site and am exploring it for the first time. I lived in Gleadless Avenue from ages 0 to 13 and went to Gleadless County primary school, then to King Edward's. My last form teacher at Gleadless was Mr. Iossen, whom I have probably spelt wrongly. I'm now "exiled" in Norfolk, last spent a couple of days in Sheffield about eight years ago.

I attended Gleadless County from 1955 to 1960. Anyone else on this forum who was there at that time?

Hmmm, apparently not. I have been trying to remember the names of other pupils in my class at Gleadless School. Sometimes faces come into my mind unaccompanied by their names, which is not much help. However, these were definitely there:

John Hall (of Gleadless Avenue), Billy Harling, Barbara Dalthwaite (or maybe Douthwaite? She was my favourite when I was about ten!), Rosalind Fenner, Leonard Goodair, David "Insect" Bower (because he was always collecting beetles etc. in matchboxes), David Froggatt (the best football player in the school), Nigel Needham,Trevor Anderson, Malcolm Jermy, Andrew Dorling (who lived in a cul-de-sac off Gleadless Common), Terry Shinn, Tony Roy, and that's about all I can remember except for Susan somebodyorother (doesn't narrow it down much, does it?) and Bonita Hodgson, but I think she had left by the time we reached the J4 (final) year. There were also two demure little girls who were inseparable and walked around like little freckled mice...hang on, one was Margaret Orger (or Auger?) and the other may have been Hilda Borrows, but I could have got that one wrong. Any news of any of these people would be of great interest.