Rabbit thumping problem

i have a rabbit,i rescued him,he has a really bad habit of kicking/thumping his back legs,the problem is so bad,he now has to live outside,and we cant keep him in his hutch at night as his thumping is so loud,he wakes us up and our neighbours.

has anyone had a rabbit that has done this,or does anyone have any suggestions that may help,???

Could it be nerves or boredom? Give him lots of different things to play with to keep him stimulated.

Failling that - kick him back :hihi: - that was a joke, honest

Hi there,

Rabbits thump to warn other rabbits of danger and also to to show who is the biggest bunny in the neighbourhood. Has your rabbit been neutered? If not then maybe you could get him done. My boy rabbit has been done and he's lost all his horrible male traits like thumping alot and spraying wee everywhere. He does still try to get frisky with his girlfriend tho so he's not completely cured. They both thump a bit if they're outside and a cat comes along. I hope he gets over it!

If he is flicking his back legs up possibley flicking a poo at you it means he's grumpy with you.

:P

btw both my rabbits are also rescued, good on you for taking him in. there are too many baby rabbits out there and i think that rescue rabbits are more difficult to make into pets cos of what's happened to them in their lives BUT it makes it more rewarding when they do start to show they love you.

Yes, He has been neutered and is approaching his 1st birthday :hihi:

He thumps both inside his hutch and also when he is outside.

At teh (not wanting Joep and Rich feeling left out here) moment he has teh run of around 90sqm all secure and contained apart from the (teh :hihi: ) odd moggy that comes and goes almost as quick as Leeds :D

He aint kicking no crud our way either :roll:

Any further suggestions :help: :help:

Our rabbit also thumps. For some reason she bangs for around 30 mins at 4.30 am every morning on the dot. As we were worried about waking the neighbours we stuck strips of Vetbed around the inside of the hutch. This has dampened the noise slightly.

Mine used to thump to warn of a threat (cat/ dog in the area) but also just preceding a thunderstorm. I always get a thumping headache prior to a thunderstorm (must be the change in pressure) so could relate to what 'Thumper' was trying to tell me.

Assuming your utch has an open section i.e. wire....try covering this over with sacking at night. If the noise subsides it could be you had a fox or such like prowling your garden and scaring poor bunny. If he cant see it it is unlikely he will react even if he smells it as he is safe and 'hidden' and wont want to alert the predator to his presence.

we tried to cover his hutch when he first went outside,made him worse,i dont like leaving him out all night,i doubt a fox is around,hes out everynight,and our garden is totally closed off with high fencing,

im really at a loss,never had this with any bunny before:loopy: :loopy:

maybe a friend would calm him down?

maybe a friend would calm him down?

was thinking that myself worried of size of his hutch its 4x2 i think,not sure its big enough for 2 rabbits,do you?