Estate Agent - Reeds Rains or Winkworths

I've decided, after getting very poor service from an Estate Agent with whom I was trying to sell my house with, to get out of the contract. I need to select a new one to go with. I'm down to Reeds Rains and Winkworths. I have no idea why I choose these really as I'm beginning to think there all pretty much the same and I'd be better choosing one out of a hat.

Anyway, does anybody have any good comments about these agents in particular do they do what you ask of them.

depends where your sellig - have a look around the area see what others are using - i prefer reed rains but if no one else is using them in your area and loads are using winkworths id use them as people tend to view a couple of houses from the same estate agent at the same time

I have never used either, but i have heard bad reports by a few people about Winkworth's!:gag:

Before I start, this is based on my own totally PERSONAL experience and nothing more.

I had both out to value my house and in my opinion, Winkworth gave a much more realistic valuation even though it was in fact higher. The one received from RR was the price they were going for 18 months - 2 years ago and in fact I received £20k more than their lowest estimated figure. Winkworth have been really great, got me loads of initail viewings and actively called people from lists. As a direct result, sold before it went on website and within 4 working days of instruction. This was the woodseats office

All in all, v pleased.

Good luck

As a potential buyer I found winkworth to be appalling both in process and attitude and would stear well clear of them - especially the woodseats brainch!

Personally i would look at both websites and see which one you prefer, most people check these instead of looking in the paper nowadays! When i was looking for a hous, Winkworth were the best of the two for feedback and phoning u up if any properties came up in your desired area. i would think about Blundells, but again it depends where u live, as to which estate agent to go with.

Good luck:D

Like I said purely personal experience and this post was about what estate agent to use between 2 particular ones to sell a house, which I have experience of.

As a buyer, I think the majority of us have experienced inferior service with most estate agents and sometimes not always their fault, they are acting on behalf of sellers don't forget!

Anyway, 6 of one - half a dozen of the other between them all really.

We have recently sold through Winkworths (Hillsborough) and found them to be pretty good.

The one thing I would say is don't go anywhere near Saxton Mee..........

We have recently sold through Winkworths (Hillsborough) and found them to be pretty good.

The one thing I would say is don't go anywhere near Saxton Mee..........

And I was about to say we had good service from Saxton Mee! rjgallac was your bad experience with an estate agent whose initials are E,L & R by any chance?

before going with either why not put an ad in the SF forum and save a few bob on estate agent fees?

Before I start, this is based on my own totally PERSONAL experience and nothing more.

I had both out to value my house and in my opinion, Winkworth gave a much more realistic valuation even though it was in fact higher. The one received from RR was the price they were going for 18 months - 2 years ago and in fact I received £20k more than their lowest estimated figure. Winkworth have been really great, got me loads of initail viewings and actively called people from lists. As a direct result, sold before it went on website and within 4 working days of instruction. This was the woodseats office

All in all, v pleased.

Good luck

I was thinking of selling a couple of months ago and RR gave me a figure £50k below what an identical house sold for just 6 months ago....they upped it slightly when I queried it, but they just don't seem on the ball.

I have never used either, but i have heard bad reports by a few people about Winkworth's!:gag:

I too have never used Winkworth but within the last 6 months had 3 friends who have all appointed them to advertise their homes.

One ditched them after 4 weeks as they refused to pass on any feedback from the viewers, the other found particular members of staff rude and patronising and the third were pleased they finally sold their home, but would never appoint them again.