Grassin' for a grand?

I have nothing against the artistic graffiti, but I don't think I have ever learnt anything from it, or indeed from any work of art.

Might have taught a toddler something..now this colour is green and this one is blue..:rolleyes:

Like what ?

Like from cavemen, romans, egyptians ETC

This is the argument of a someone with no argument I could shoot down every so called point you have but I cant be bothered because people like you will never understand.

Can I tattoo Save the Environment on your forhead? It fits all your criteria?

Go for it lazyhead.

Graffiti is about your own expressions, how you see things in your own eyes, its not for everyone and in many ways it is very selfish. But you have to learn to live with it, many people will be caught and punished but then that gives them fame (fista) and hes cashing in on it.

Graffiti will always be there wether you enjoy it or not. Sorry in advance.

"I agree.I wouldnt dream of offering information for a price."

When you were say 15/16/17/, would you have?

no offence to any one but surley youd HAVE NEARLY done anything as a kid for a grand,i know i would have,but this isnt then......sigh.

you seem to be insinuating that all graffiti artists are kids or that all kids know who graffiti artists are, not true. the majority do start at about 14 yes, but dont do anything on the streets untill 17+ most sheffield graffiti writers that are 'up' at the moment are between the age of 18 and 35. most people think that its jimmy, the rascal from round the corner whos just sitting his SAT's.

I'd quite happily shop one of these urchins, grand or not. It looks messy, brings to mind images of derelict craphole towns and costs ME money to get rid of it only so some oik with a spray can and lack of direction can spray his tag over it.

Advertising hoarding is accepted because company A has employed advertising agency B to design a billboard which it gets printing firm C to print which is then erected by company D on company E's billboard. This is how the economy works, not by marking every available surface with your unique mark - That is the preserve of dogs. Except the council doesn't have to employ men with pressure hoses and scrubbing brushes to get rid of some dog's urine.

The protestations that it's art are moot - you could daub a reproduction of Constable's Haywain on the side of the Art tower; It'd still be graffiti.

i carnt be bothered to argue, you are set in your ways, and im set in mine, whenever i do argue the case my opinions are overlooked anyway. lets agree to disagree

Sane, well thought out and sensible. I agree :)

20??????

bloody 20???????

Im in a few crews of `taggers` and one holds 30, the othier holds 20.

Thats just 2 crews, theres atleast 50 crews writing in sheffield at the moment, graffiti will never be solved, it was going on sinse the cavemen and shall carry on and on. If you realised the amount of money time and effort that alot of graff artists put into this full contact sport you'd realise.

Grassing people up for a grand is petty, if you read the small print it says depending on how many people grass the culprit up splits the price. It also says if theres not anove prove to go to court with then your stuffed.

Could you send me photos of your crews work, and also names and addresses, I could just use £20ks at the moment.

Forced in front of your facers? What do you think about advertisement? Bus companys, Mc donalds, Nike shoes ETC, these items are forced in your facers aswell, but ares have a mystical edge to them. Who are they, why did they do it, whats it mean?

Basically, what im trying to say is its not classed as art because it doesnt make a profit, if you think that then your opinion on graffiti is worthless. If it was'nt for graffiti think of how much we would have never learned.

It's not classed as art because you paint on someone elses property without permission.

Hire a bill board and put your tags on that instead of a nike advert. No one can complain then can they.

........ graffiti artists ......

Once again the argument/debate gets twisted away from reality.

SOME form of graffiti IS artistic and can be accepted by some even when technically "illegal".

A monochrome spray of initials or name on other people's property is also "graffiti" and is a scourge and should be discouraged, removed and penalised.