Grindleford Station Cafe

Ooo you should try parking your car in the station car park and catching a train - more often than not when you get back there'll be a note saying you parked there too long.

Beware if taking kids. They are not allowed to be kids (must be a seen and not heard thing, I think) and they will get bawled at. It surprised the whole cafe and no one said a word when my friends little one got an earful. It was outside too.

It's open at that time...or at least it used to be.

Had many a bacon/tomato sandwich from him. Even after the discount he used to give me, twas expensive. And he always used to have to tell me how well I did to get a discount!!

Strange fella

it is a bizarre place. One of the best signs I saw there read "Don't put salt in the sugar - it's not funny"

and another one "this is a serving hatch, not a gawping hatch"

definitely worth a visit after a nice long walk though!

me and my girlfriend go there all the time. its ace. england needs more of these places. they are a dying breed. places where kids have to behave too...jeez im sick o kids doin what they like and us adults have to grin and bear it. activity playgrounds in pubs?? bah. you dont see me opening a bar in a nursery school. we need something for ourselves so GO ON GRINDLEFORD!!! its the greatest kind of british service i know and love....check out the book "bacon egg chips and beans too" for more

My favourite sign is:

"We don't serve Mushrooms. Never have, never will."

Wonder what he's got against them!

Beware if taking kids. They are not allowed to be kids (must be a seen and not heard thing, I think) and they will get bawled at. It surprised the whole cafe and no one said a word when my friends little one got an earful. It was outside too.

Perhaps no one complained because many of them actually appreciated children being disciplined for whatever way they were behaving?

Perhaps the reason some regulars go there is because of that very policy? Lennyfalcon seems to think so.

I was a fan of this place, until we went there on just before the last general election. And he was displaying an entire wall of BNP propaganda. His grumpiness I found funny, but not his racism!

I was a fan of this place, until we went there on just before the last general election. And he was displaying an entire wall of BNP propaganda. His grumpiness I found funny, but not his racism!

It's always important to find out the cafe owner's political views before you order a bacon sandwich.

I have recently changed the place I go to for a full English breakfast as I discovered one of the waitresses has misgivings about closer links with Europe.

hilarious - but would you visit a cafe with posters about getting rid of the 'black menace'? Even if they did do a good fry up?

hilarious - but would you visit a cafe with posters about getting rid of the 'black menace'? Even if they did do a good fry up?

If, by 'black menace' they mean 'black pudding' then yes. Hideous, rubbery, fatty stuff....

I went a couple of weeks ago and its a lovely place with decent food but that bloke really is strange!!!

As soon as we approached the door I knew we were in for a weird experience with the sign saying something along the lines of:

'No mobiles, No hoodies, No prams and No irresponsible parents!'

I cant believe how many signs there actually are!

I had to use my phone to help direct a friend to the cafe as she had got lost and he shouted at me that Id interfere with the 'machinery'.....I was outside next to the car!

He also commented to one of my friends that he didnt usually let people in who wear 'hoodies'...shes 35 and was wearing it as it was a miserable day, spotting with rain!

Lovely sandwiches though!!!