Grindleford Station Cafe

Theres plenty o other cafes around u idiot, use them!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah - Grindleford beats even that there London village when it comes to choice of places to eat.

Baaaa!

:)

i'm very pleasent thanks, i'm just not a push over when people offend you!

oooh don't phone him - he'll shout at you!

It's a great cafe but he's eccentric.

He's also dead.

our number is 01433 631011, nothing against mushrooms either they just go off too quickly.

Just had a lovely cup of tea and slice of fruit cake at Grindleford Station Cafe after walking up Padley Gorge to Longshaw and back again. Thanks, chaps.

Went in recently with my extended family, including six kids aged two to twelve. The food was excellent, service courteous and friendly and the place unique and to be treasured.

PS The kids were very well behaved!

I'm sure he thinks his behaviour makes him a "character" - but really he just come over as a ****.

You obviously didn't know the guy as he died at the at the end of last year and he had plenty of friends black and white because they were all at his funeral. Racist, I don't think so. I never heard him say a bad word against any minority. He just wanted people to pay there way and not sponge of the state.

The signs warning people not to stand in front of the fire as they already have a fire gaurd were all there as a bit of fun and everything he said you had to take with a pinch of salt.

He WAS one of lifes characters and they ain't many of them left.

Sorry about your Dad. He was one of lifes characters and was always friendly when I went in.

Greetings,

I have visited "THE" Cafe many, many times over 15-20 years with Scouts, Mountain Rescue or just the family hiking. A pint mug of tea & a bacon cob is a must after a day or night on Kinder or Bleaklow. No matter how wet or peated up you were Phil & his staff alway made you welcome.

Five years ago when I visited the UK from New Zealand the cafe was the first stop on the way back from Manachester airport.

It is a shame that this simple thread has become a bitch fest by the PC brigade who shouldn't be let out of the city limits if they are that soft or easily offended.

A day out in the Peak is too escape modern life and to enjoy a day out in the elements & beauty of the High peak. So it is only right to be able to enjoy the place free from mobile phones & the badly behaved kids of parents who are too weak to teach their kids rules & limits by giving them a smack when they misbehave in public.

Grindleford Cafe was a sanctuary for the wet & cold craving hearty filling grub after their day's activity, long may it remain so. It will still be one of my first places to visit in the first week of June when I have another visit to the Peak from New Zealand. Places with character & characters are few & far between these days, so those that moan & bith please take your custom elsewhere (like McDonalds) and leave "THE" cafe to those souls who appreciate the good manners & great grub.

Good on yer Phil for continuing in your father's boots.

Cheers,

Richard.

Auckland

New Zealand.

Arrrgh !!! :gag: I stumbled upon BUNEATERS run for the hills :hihi::hihi:

Greetings,

I have visited "THE" Cafe many, many times over 15-20 years with Scouts, Mountain Rescue or just the family hiking. A pint mug of tea & a bacon cob is a must after a day or night on Kinder or Bleaklow. No matter how wet or peated up you were Phil & his staff alway made you welcome.

Five years ago when I visited the UK from New Zealand the cafe was the first stop on the way back from Manachester airport.

It is a shame that this simple thread has become a bitch fest by the PC brigade who shouldn't be let out of the city limits if they are that soft or easily offended.

A day out in the Peak is too escape modern life and to enjoy a day out in the elements & beauty of the High peak. So it is only right to be able to enjoy the place free from mobile phones & the badly behaved kids of parents who are too weak to teach their kids rules & limits by giving them a smack when they misbehave in public.

Grindleford Cafe was a sanctuary for the wet & cold craving hearty filling grub after their day's activity, long may it remain so. It will still be one of my first places to visit in the first week of June when I have another visit to the Peak from New Zealand. Places with character & characters are few & far between these days, so those that moan & bith please take your custom elsewhere (like McDonalds) and leave "THE" cafe to those souls who appreciate the good manners & great grub.

Good on yer Phil for continuing in your father's boots.

Cheers,

Richard.

Auckland

New Zealand.

Huge lol @ yet another Grindleford employee signing up to SF pretending to be a loyal parton advertising their love for the rude freakshow in the woods.

This one is more fruity though, they have added a fugese address in New Zealand.

The fat bearded one is the worst of the bunch.

Tonight I had a notice saying that where I was parked (parked all day whilst using the train to get to work at Sheffield) was a private car park and in future I would be clamped. I assume. from the 'hand' that it was the cafe who placed this notice.

Could "p.eas05" - or anyone - explain where I can and cannot park?

I am a bit confused as in a posting in another forum, Julie (formerly of station cottages and an ex-employee of the cafe) says "the cafe doesnt own the parking by the station and never has". Also (according to peakdistrict.org) "there are proposals to have designated disabled parking next to the cafe".

Can someone explain as I just want to park where I am allowed.

Thanks