'On Site' Camping

How do you find out the landowner, and where they reside - I assume just prior detective work/lots of asking about and knocking at doors?

It is differcult sometimes to find out whose land it is though usually the people living, some what locally, can often point you n the right direction.

The local Police or the Vicar or Church Warden are a few examples.

If you can not find anyone to give permission, except that, ' That does not give you the right to do what you want '. Just except, it is a fact of life, that you need to ask permission and you have not or can not obtain it.

So follow the rules, ' Never every camp without permission '.

I trust that you will explore the possibilities of using the often found spaces at Youth Hostels. This was commonly done in the 50s-60s especially by German and Scandinavia cyclist touring the British Isles. Whether it is still allowed I suggest that you make enquirers. They can only say ' Yes or No '. Y.H.A.

In my camping days you could camp almost anywhere but because of the garbage left and such like, people have created problems for themselves.

Tom3t0 post above is a example. Today many people are keen to know their ' Rights '

But do not want to except or know, ' the responsibilities ' that came along with them.