The Best Over-The-Counter Pain Relief.

I have a headache, and with the size of my huge bonce, its one HELL of a pain. Ive now had it for four weeks straight and its getting worse each day, so, whats the best pain relief out there? Ones from over the counter? Ive tried anything up to four co-codamols at once to a mixture of paracetamol, co-codamol and lemsip but still, no relief.

Am I going to have to lop off my polly with a butchers knife and boil it in vinegar?

TELL ME!

Or Im afraid that Im going to have to wee in your wellies.

I have a headache, and with the size of my huge bonce, its one HELL of a pain. Ive now had it for four weeks straight and its getting worse each day, so, whats the best pain relief out there? Ones from over the counter? Ive tried anything up to four co-codamols at once to a mixture of paracetamol, co-codamol and lemsip but still, no relief.

Am I going to have to lop off my polly with a butchers knife and boil it in vinegar?

TELL ME!

You shouldnt have a headache for four weeks.Go to the doctors.

You shouldnt have a headache for four weeks.Go to the doctors.

I have a huge head so four weeks isnt unusual :D

TELL ME!

Pattricias right, any headache that lasts longer than 3 days Jabbers isn't normal.

Docs for you pronto :thumbsup:

What kind of headache is it?

Maybe sinus related?

Maybe your trousers are too tight?

You are unlikely to get anything that is much stronger than co-codemol or Paramol.

Don't forget that you can safely (upto a point) take 4 hourly paracetamol with 4 hourly ibuprofen in between. (i.e. 2 hourly medication alternating paracetemol and ibuprofen).

You should be careful about mixing all those drugs; Lemsip has paracetamol in it, so if you're taking that along with the paracetomol tablets, you could be going over the recommended dose.

Solpadeine Max is paracetamol and codeine, which I find effective, but it sounds like you've already exhausted the over-the-counter remedies.

Taking painkillers regularly can lead to chronic headaches, so you really should get it sorted by seeing your GP.

I suffer with headache and have tried many over the counter medicines as well as prescription meds for chronic pain. In the interim, go to the pharmacy and get some 400mg ibruprofen (can only get them over the counter). Drink plenty as dehydration can make it a hell of a lot worse. If you still have it, then you need to go see the doc.

I understand how unpleasant it is to have a headache, I've had them that have lasted weeks before.

Hope it goes away soon!

Go to the doctors, Jabbers, you silly billy.

You should be careful about mixing all those drugs; Lemsip has paracetamol in it, so if you're taking that along with the paracetomol tablets, you could be going over the recommended dose.

And that is a very, very bad move.

By the way.

Regular overdosing on paracetamol will lead to liver damage.

Regular overdosing on ibuprofen increases your risk of heart attack.

Its just a thumping, hammering pain right on the top of my head. It gets gradually worse during the day and by mid afternoon I can barely keep my eyes open.

Then, after an hour or so it gradually fades away to a dull ache. Eventually, by around 9pm, Im pretty used to it and can ignore it.

Then the next day it starts all over again.

My trousers are never too tight, I wear a pink tutu and ballet shoes.

There are so may different types of headaches.Migraine, cluster headaches etc; You can actually get a headache with taking paracetemol over too long a period. Needs investigation this, and possible scan.(long wait)