Sheffield - Literally a Dump!!

if england was the same shape as a human body, sheffield would be the arse hole.

belly button more like

Don't the council provide a service in which they will send a truck to your house to pick up large pieces of waste? I'm sure they used to provide this service.

They will collect stuff but they charge for it. As for the people in the yellow pages, I imagine quite a few of them are the people flytipping. The tip needs to be free and a £10000 fine for anyone caught dumping stuff should be in place.

I know, but I spoke to them twice about it and got the same answer, so I referred it to my local councillor who took it up with them and they got the same answer, we can't because we don't have suitable vehicles.

What were/are you trying to get removed?

Don't the council provide a service in which they will send a truck to your house to pick up large pieces of waste? I'm sure they used to provide this service.

They used to, pre-privatisation. What I'd like to know is, if they only have compactor vehicles, how do they collect fridges and freezers?

Anyone who as something dumped should make sure that the company whos doing the job is licenced to dump waste. We show all our customers our licence before we do the job

Sheffield is a mess, people don't seem to think twice about dropping litter all over the place. The city centre is a bit better than it was a few years ago, at least.

We should all go out with a bin bag for an hour and make the world a better place... and we should do like they do in America, and offer a refund for returning cans and bottles, you'd see less of them thrown in the street then.

You used to get money back if you returned your beer bottles back to off sales years ago.

You used to get money back if you returned your beer bottles back to off sales years ago.

I'm shocked that you can't return bottles & cans, our kitchen cleaner at work takes home at least 5 dozen cans a week, he gets 5 cents a can.

Well Claywheels lane being off the beaten track thanks SCC for that one ( sorry rant about totally UNRELATED stuff - Menta)

People use it as a dumping ground and more horrid they use the river. I saw some stuff dumped from the road in the Don which included a 3 piece suite, a central heating control unit and a fridge freezer. Other stuff includes heat exchangers from air con units and builders rubble. :mad::rant:

Well Claywheels lane being off the beaten track thanks SCC for that one ( sorry rant about totally UNRELATED stuff - Menta)

People use it as a dumping ground and more horrid they use the river. I saw some stuff dumped from the road in the Don which included a 3 piece suite, a central heating control unit and a fridge freezer. Other stuff includes heat exchangers from air con units and builders rubble. :mad::rant:

Is this the road that used to go/goes to the car scrap yard? It has always been a disgrace that area around there.

Look at this that is happening in Bradford. They do all they can to make tipping difficult and now they are pulling people before they have even done anything. I need to get driving round there in a pickup full of rubbish ASAP.