Should I let my 11 yr old have a snake?

Don't worry, your son will have a snake all of his own in 3-4 years time that'll probably bring you a lot more grief.

oh god!!! don't....why is it we don't want them to grow up....cant bear the thought of him being a teenager...mainly because there arn't many I like...full of hormones and attitude!!

I hear they are very affectionate, especially boa constrictors. They love to hug people.

I hear they are very affectionate, especially boa constrictors. They love to hug people.

Yeah, they hug you to death, literally! :loopy:

There's a reason why exotic pets aren't generally sold to the general public, and that's one of them.

Get him something small like a Garter snake, easy to look after and feed and they don't grow to huge sizes.

There was an episode of rising damp which involved a snake.

In short it is not a good idea. Not fair on snake either

I wouldn't recommend an Anaconda

Most likely it'll eat him, just like in that film of the same name :hihi:

o god why not you seem to have done your homework on them allready and know what is needed and i bet you will come to love the little critter

but if one of the cats goes missing just check to see if the snake has a cat shaped lump moving under the skin

and the other thing is when he asks girls if they want to go to his bedroom and see his snake he will have a legitamate question

My fella wanted a corn snake and i'm terrified of them but he got one anyway.It was Christmas time and I was on the floor wrapping presents.My fella came home and told me the snake had got out and been loose for two days!You can imagine my thoughts I went crazy :loopy: and ran out the house.It was either the snakeor me.The snake went...He took it to the reptile shop on Attercliffe.[his mate tony owns it].I would get more info before you consider a snake or any pet .

My 15 year old has had a corn snake for 18 months. He needs periodic nagging to clean and feed Fluffy, but he does care for him well, and snakes are really interesting. It's a dead cool pet for a teenage boy, and ensures that he doesn't take girls into his bedroom :-)

Fluffy!!brilliant name for a snake.:hihi:

Fluffy!!brilliant name for a snake.:hihi:

Yeah, the idea was that he'd tell girls he had a pet called Fluffy, and then they would think it was a hamster or something and wouldn't get all freaked out. As long as he never takes them into his room, they'll never find out...