Memories of Fox Hill

Do you remember the ice cream sandwich Aggie used to sell - it was wafer with jam in it. Never seen them since - she used to stop right outside my house on Browning Drive.

Do you remember the ice cream sandwich Aggie used to sell - it was wafer with jam in it. Never seen them since - she used to stop right outside my house on Browning Drive.

Yes, they were a special treat weren't they. But when you bit into them the ice cream squirted out of the sides. :hihi:

where did you live on foxhill gormy?

we lived in the maisonettes on fox hill ave till we moved in 1971

did you know the Holmes who lived on there, I went to school with Elaine, she had a sister Linda and a brother John

elaine will be 48 now

Cant recall them I remember the Wraggs they live across road from us in 1st house also remember the Gibsons they lived 3 doors away

I Lived at 36 Edgewell Crescent till about 72 I went to Meynell school remember the house being huge went downstairs to livingroom dining room kitchen and big junk room where we kept our bikes ect I missed the space when we moved onto the cross the houses seemed really small on there

OH my, I lived at 36 Edgewell Crescent from 1972 ish:D

OH my, I lived at 36 Edgewell Crescent from 1972 ish:D

i live on edgewell rise an i have done since 1980,went to foxhill and yewlands, and rememeber a few names what have been mentioned on here i used to be in leanne rollitts year at school, i knew all the woods,lee and darren mullens,dean and darren wade, carl and mick varley,i have really enjoyed reading this thread as i brought back loads of memories with sliding down the back edge on card board boxes lol eeeee them was the days wasnt they,ya cant do that these days or ya would get glass or a syringe up ya arrisss

im 54 and used to live in the maisonette top of foxhill rd,my maiden name was Lynda Fletcher and i have a younger brother Ian i went to foxhill school then hartley brook then chaucer we spent many hours on backedge sledging and we used to put shows on the drying groung it was a brill stage to us happy times

im 54 and used to live in the maisonette top of foxhill rd,my maiden name was Lynda Fletcher and i have a younger brother Ian i went to foxhill school then hartley brook then chaucer we spent many hours on backedge sledging and we used to put shows on the drying groung it was a brill stage to us happy times

where was this ?

Yes; I recall her; although my GP was Jack Anderson, another wonderful character. Does anyone recall him? His surgery was at the junction of Wilcox Road - Halifax Road.

I am Dr Nicholls (or Dr Oates') Grandaughter. We (twins) spent most of our childhood at a weekend with my Nan either at her Surgery on Halifax / Browning road or over at Fox Hill Drive when she moved there. I remember always going out on visits with her in the car (my Uncle / her youngest son had persuaded her to buy a gold Ford Capri :hihi:) many times during the weekend and patients calling at the house night and day, She never refused to see anyone at the door or refuse a visit. You don't get that with GP's today.

She died after a short battle with Leukaemia in the Hallamshire in August 2005. This was very sad as it was only a month before she would have made it to 90. There is a memorial bench to her in the grounds of Whitely Hall Hotel which we used to visit frequently.

I thought she deserved an MBE for her dedication to Medicine and her passion for helping others even after she retired but it wasn't to be.

Nice to read people remember her. I am very proud of her.

thanks for sharing that....she was our family doctor when we lived on Foxhill in the 60's, what a wonderful woman she was ....I agree she should have recieved an MBE....her dedication to helping others was second to none, when we left Foxhill in early seventies and moved to Chapeltown, she still came out to visit ...wish there were more like her these days :)

hi shaz it was on foxhill place we had a ground floor maisonette and the Kellys lived next door i used to hang round with a girl called gillian she lived further up in the other maisonette she had a sister called bridget an a brother called michael.i cant reallly remember much else

hi shaz it was on foxhill place we had a ground floor maisonette and the Kellys lived next door i used to hang round with a girl called gillian she lived further up in the other maisonette she had a sister called bridget an a brother called michael.i cant reallly remember much else

did you know the crossers who lived on ground floor of foxhill place