Memories of Fox Hill

that's fab swanny, do you know what year this is

and do you know any names ?

Not sure of the year Shaznay. Wish my parents had put a date on the back of the picture. I remember many of the faces on the picture but can only put a name to a couple (Wendy Hallam and Ian Wade). I have a terrible memory for names and am kicking myself because I'm sure I'd recognise most of the names if I heard them. Would love people to identify themselves on the pic. I'm second from the left on the front row of the girls by the way.... a proper chubster! LOL!

it looks you are all about 7/8 years old

so about 1964 ish I would say :)

it looks you are all about 7/8 years old

so about 1964 ish I would say :)

Yep... don't think you'll be far out with that date Shaznay.

What a fabulous picture! I have searched in vain for years to try and find some photos of the old foxhill school This is the first one i have seen and the prefab schoolroom is just as I remember it Thanks so much for sharing this

me too Ms Interpret :)

I know we were in the same class at Foxhill

fond memories good and bad

the old prefabs......horrible weren't they, so depressing

Then the lovely new school, just glad I was there long enough to experience it, left there in 71

Would love to go and visit it now :)

ps, I can never remember having a class photo taken though, can you ?

me too Ms Interpret :)

I know we were in the same class at Foxhill

fond memories good and bad

the old prefabs......horrible weren't they, so depressing

Then the lovely new school, just glad I was there long enough to experience it, left there in 71

Would love to go and visit it now :)

ps, I can never remember having a class photo taken though, can you ?

Hi Shaznay

i have a montage of all my old school photos from the age of 5 none of them a class photo i cant remember ever having one taken i think this one is a little earlier than when we were there Some of the faces look familiar but i just cant place them. A friend did show me a group picture of her class at nursery school though some years ago. I didnt go to nursery my mum wouldnt let me!!

Someone is doing up the old farm on Foxhill Cres it looks a massive job i wish them well and hope they dont develop the land that goes with it but I think it may be up for sale. I used to be sent to the gate to ring the bell and get eggs and milk from there ( and once a Christmas turkey that i am sure the owner killed whilst we waited!!!!) I love reading this thread and so must a lot of other people as its had over 30000 viewings!!!

I was passing last week on my way to a funeral at Grenoside so I took a little detour up Foxhill and went past where the maisonettes used to be OMG it looks awful round there now.

The maisonettes on Foxhill Ave are gone and the land is now derelict :(

I could have cried.

Where on Foxhill did you live Ms Interpret ?

ps who did you hang around with at school

I remember Elaine Holmes, Angela Boulby, Elaine Bottom, Angela Gray, Debra Bowler, Michelle Bowns, Michelle Sampson to name a few.

Teachers Miss Parkin, Mrs Pashley, Mrs White, Mrs Cooper, Mrs Bexley, Mrs Southern or Scothern ?

So long ago :(

Edited by shaznay

swanny , are you related to trevor by any chance

Hi FOUREYES62,

No, I do not know of a relation called Trevor in our family but you never know..... somewhere down the line there may be a link!

I was passing last week on my way to a funeral at Grenoside so I took a little detour up Foxhill and went past where the maisonettes used to be OMG it looks awful round there now.

The maisonettes on Foxhill Ave are gone and the land is now derelict :(

I could have cried.

Where on Foxhill did you live Ms Interpret ?

ps who did you hang around with at school

I remember Elaine Holmes, Angela Boulby, Elaine Bottom, Angela Gray, Debra Bowler, Michelle Bowns, Michelle Sampson to name a few.

Teachers Miss Parkin, Mrs Pashley, Mrs White, Mrs Cooper, Mrs Bexley, Mrs Southern or Scothern ?

So long ago :(

Edited by GLASGOWOODS

To judge from the Births index, 16 Grubbs were born in Sheffield between 1935 and 1956, all with the mother's maiden name Reynolds: Gertrude, Benjamin, Bernard, Brenda, Betty, Bruce, George, Sydney, Brian, Jeffery, Blanche, Dorothy, Barbara, Gloria, David and Greta..:)

Wonder what happened to Gloria, I remember her well

my mistake

Edited by FOUREYES62