Memories of Fox Hill

i moves stlld from the kelvin in 1961 to 59 foxhill crescent ilived there until 1970 i was 14 years old the estate was lot of time in the lll llllllllllllllllllllll still being built.the maisonettes were still being built on the avenue i remember pinching lengths of floorboarding and grass sledging down the back edge we never carried the wood back up just got anew piece in the winter of 1961 some of the flats and maisonettes were almost finished .the windows facing the back edge were left open to get rid of the smell of paint the wind was that strong it lifted the roofs they had to fit girders from the ground floor to the roofs as time passed more of my friends from the kelvin moved up so we could go exploring coming from the kelvin foxhill was like living inthe country. in the winter of 1963 work came to a standstill the builders made us a sledge 8ft by 4ft several of us would get on it and go from the top of edgewell crescent all the way to foxhill rd. in the mid sixties we organised a youth club at foxhill school we took our own records and had some good nights until the adults took over by then we were old enough to drink so we spent a

---------- Post added 09-03-2013 at 12:16 ----------

lot of time in the fox we also played a lot of football on the field on the estate some of the names i remembere.phil jolly barry danks pete vice the late john young frank ellis dave henderson the williamson family john and jeff stevenson man others but time dims the memory

I moved to 75 Foxhill Ave. in 63. and stayed till 72 then we moved to Tunwell

ave. s5. [bad Move but not my idea] Just read all Johnny Grays post and remember foundly all the names he mentioned plus the Shilitoes, Pridmores and

West. We had fun making go carts from old prams and riding down the Ave.

on roller skates with books on top. Sleding down back edge was easy and very fast as the grass was dry and cardboard very shinny. Happy Days. Anyone know what happaned to Ann and Kevin Parkin? John Broadhead

hi Mervin, just to let you know Peter Vice sadly passed away 2 year ago. i was with John/ Jeff/ Phil Jolly/Paul Goodall/ Fred Holmes last saturday on Johns and Frans 40 th wedding aniversary. i dont know if you remember me and all the parties we went to

i moves stlld from the kelvin in 1961 to 59 foxhill crescent ilived there until 1970 i was 14 years old the estate was lot of time in the lll llllllllllllllllllllll still being built.the maisonettes were still being built on the avenue i remember pinching lengths of floorboarding and grass sledging down the back edge we never carried the wood back up just got anew piece in the winter of 1961 some of the flats and maisonettes were almost finished .the windows facing the back edge were left open to get rid of the smell of paint the wind was that strong it lifted the roofs they had to fit girders from the ground floor to the roofs as time passed more of my friends from the kelvin moved up so we could go exploring coming from the kelvin foxhill was like living inthe country. in the winter of 1963 work came to a standstill the builders made us a sledge 8ft by 4ft several of us would get on it and go from the top of edgewell crescent all the way to foxhill rd. in the mid sixties we organised a youth club at foxhill school we took our own records and had some good nights until the adults took over by then we were old enough to drink so we spent a

---------- Post added 09-03-2013 at 12:16 ----------

lot of time in the fox we also played a lot of football on the field on the estate some of the names i remembere.phil jolly barry danks pete vice the late john young frank ellis dave henderson the williamson family john and jeff stevenson man others but time dims the memory

Hi abarrott, you mention Fred Holmes in your post. Is that Freddie Holmes who used to live at the top of Browning Road, (opposite the bottom of Bullen Road) ?

abarrott, thanks for that. Freddie and I enjoyed great times as kids playing with our Dinky Cars in the 1950's. If I'm honest I think most of them were Freddie's! We both went to Foxhill Junior School and it's good to know that he's alive and well. I don't know whether you see him often but perhaps if and when you do you'll tell him that John Gill sends his regards. He might remember me and we might even be able to exchange old memories.

By the way, were you at Foxhill Juniors?

Hi john, I didn't go to foxhill juniors , I moved to foxhill from kelvin in 1963 and went to chaucer, if I do see Fred again I will mention you but I don't see him that much, regards, Alan.

Hello Mark I also went to Foxhill Junior I am 55 and lived at 206 Foxhill Crescent, seem to remember playing football with you on the field and around the garages with Stephen Ranson and [correct me if I'm wrong] Dennis Brunt, can you recall the name of the girl who was better than all the lads at footy? she lived on the block below me, Have I got the right Mark? Im Martin Rodgers.

Hello :) I have the same address as you lived at for 'Denise' (someone my mum knew) :confused: Are you related to her or maybe she lived there before you?

thanks for your reply, did you also live in the maisonettes, if so what block?looking back times were good, families were very friendly, and everyone knew each other,I left in 1971 but still visited old friends until the late seventies, it all seemed to be getting a bit rough by then, glad i was there when it was a nice place to live, thanks for you reply.

I lived at 84 Foxhill Avenue from around 73 to 76 The Maisonette we stayed in was the first one at the top.

We then moved up the road to Edgewell Place.

---------- Post added 28-01-2014 at 20:20 ----------

yes i do went to school with raymond goffin his brother tony a bit older than me still see dave deakin down hillsboro now and again saw wendy deakin in fox on my 50th three years ago old **** not seen neal deakin for donkeys years i used to work with there dad fred at r w carrs gone now god bless him a great bloke there must be loads of others from that era you remember cusworths /smiths /parkins/womacks demsies could go on for ever chuck a few names in see what happens

The Deakins lived opposite us on Edgewell Place.

I used to hear Fred coughing his lungs up in the early hours in the morning.

IHis son Gary used to knock about with me and others around Edgewell.

---------- Post added 28-01-2014 at 20:24 ----------

I lived at 144 Foxhill cresent in the 90s but know foxhill well from the 70s grow up on binsted. Knew the Browns O`malleys Bottoms, O`briens and Johnsons, Mcphersons, Heppingstalls,barney , Tony Sinclair. Had good memories of playing football on the fields.

Is Tony Sinclair the half caste guy with big moles on his face??

If so,i remember him having a fight in Foxhill Park with one of the Johnsons.I think it may have been Glenn??

The O-Malleys lived across from me.I knocked about with Mick and Pete.

I went on to Yewlands School after Foxhill School.

---------- Post added 28-01-2014 at 20:25 ----------

anyone remember Deakins or Goffins ,, lived on foxhill all thru 60"s,70"s,80"s,90"s,00"s..........

If it's the same Goffins,Susan was an ex of mine when I was about 11 haha!

Edited by GLASGOWOODS

anyone remember the worth family on wilcox road?

anyone remember the worth family on wilcox road?

My sister Mandy knocked about with one of the Worth girls.Can't remember her name? And my brother Julian knocked about with Philip??? if that's correct?

Yeah that's the ones, family of 11 kids